SeaVet Clinical Training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RELephant

SGU c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done SeaVet at UF before and care to share their experiences? Is it similar to AquaVet and Marvet?

Members don't see this ad.

I've done both SeaVet and MarVet. Did you already do either Marvet or Aquavet? It's nice because Seavet costs less, and you get a lot of lecture time and don't have to spend as much time as aquavet. That being said, I thought labs were somewhat lacking, except we somehow got to do a pilot whale necropsy last year which was amazing. For networking with vets in the field purposes, I'd recommend Marvet and Aquavet more. But they are more $$. I really enjoyed my time at Seavet and I learned a ton for the $$ though. So I would definitely recommend it, it just depends on what sort of experience you are looking for.

I've done both SeaVet and MarVet. Did you already do either Marvet or Aquavet? It's nice because Seavet costs less, and you get a lot of lecture time and don't have to spend as much time as aquavet. That being said, I thought labs were somewhat lacking, except we somehow got to do a pilot whale necropsy last year which was amazing. For networking with vets in the field purposes, I'd recommend Marvet and Aquavet more. But they are more $$. I really enjoyed my time at Seavet and I learned a ton for the $$ though. So I would definitely recommend it, it just depends on what sort of experience you are looking for.

Thank you! I applied to Aquavet and didn't get in, then I tried to sign up for Marvet but it was already full. I know people who have done both and loved them! I'm just trying to get as much sea life education as I can get (although I always appreciate a more hands-on approach)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I applied to Aquavet and didn't get in, then I tried to sign up for Marvet but it was already full. I know people who have done both and loved them! I'm just trying to get as much sea life education as I can get (although I always appreciate a more hands-on approach)
I'm focusing on aquatic animal medicine too! Aquavet doesn't work with Oregon's schedule, so we can't participate. I'd highly recommend Marvet for next year if you are able - apply around December and it should be ok! Seavet was excellent if you are looking to do something this summer. Will you be attending the IAAAM conference next weekend by any chance?

I'm focusing on aquatic animal medicine too! Aquavet doesn't work with Oregon's schedule, so we can't participate. I'd highly recommend Marvet for next year if you are able - apply around December and it should be ok! Seavet was excellent if you are looking to do something this summer. Will you be attending the IAAAM conference next weekend by any chance?

Unfortunately not since I'll just be getting back from Grenada. I wish I knew about IAAAM earlier since it's not far from where I'm from!

Reactions: 1 user
Which MarVet did you do? I did the Cayman one and have a friend who did Mexico and we both loved it, but both felt that MarVet is far less 'formal training' compared to AquaVet.

Which MarVet did you do? I did the Cayman one and have a friend who did Mexico and we both loved it, but both felt that MarVet is far less 'formal training' compared to AquaVet.
I've done Cayman, I'm doing Mexico in a few weeks! Sure, Cayman was less formal than Seavet, but I still got a lot more out of it as far as networking with vets and laboratories. Seavet was more formal as far as lectures go though. I would love to do Aquavet, but it's impossible for me!

UF's vet school has some aquatics related classes online as well, FYI.

I've done Cayman, I'm doing Mexico in a few weeks! Sure, Cayman was less formal than Seavet, but I still got a lot more out of it as far as networking with vets and laboratories. Seavet was more formal as far as lectures go though. I would love to do Aquavet, but it's impossible for me!

UF's vet school has some aquatics related classes online as well, FYI.
I agree, the networking is way better(and it's just more fun tbh)!

Reactions: 1 user