1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Second Chance??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NoTownPreMed, Jun 15, 2008.

1. NoTownPreMed

7+ Year Member

I messed up my freshmen year in my state college and got academically disqualified. The major I was aiming for at that time was Computer Engineering, my lack of study and excessive party was the whole reason behind this. My mother who is a nurse, persuaded me into going into the health field. I enrolled into a local community college to major in nursing. I somehow developed a passion about medicine when I was reading one of the journals in the library. I then decided to take heavy science classes at my community college such as Chemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy, and Physiology. I managed to finish 3 semesters with an overall gpa of 3.7. I am thinking about going back to the state college where i got kicked out at and start my pre-med prerequisites there. I know that it will be super difficult for me to pick myself back up, because grades do not disappear. I just want to know if any of my fellow board members ever encountered a a poor academic situation or knew anyone who has, turned their lives around and got into med school. I know that my chances are slim, but hearing success stories will add boost to my confidence and motivation. :love:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iduwanna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I knew a girl who was in a situation exactly like yours and now she's a flight surgeon on a space shuttle.

Actually, I just made that up. Of course people make mistakes (even get F's) and become doctors.

Just don't depend on someone's anecdote to give you a confidence boost; just because someone else did something, it doesn't mean you can. And if no one has a good enough story for you, will you give up?

4. NoTownPreMed

7+ Year Member

yeah you're right, only thing I can do is look forward.

5. bcat85

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    chunkyfilms likes this.