Second Look weekends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they mean anything? Could it help you out at all if you are waitlisted and attend?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i think its mostly for the students to get to see the school in more detail than what they did on interview day. get to meet the students and do some fun things with them. to get an overall better vibe from the school and to them see if they want to end up attending that school or not.

but of course thats just general information. now creative ideas to get you in.

you could go and give yourself the opportunity to speak with the dean of admissions in person at this time, but then again you can prolly do that on any given day.

talk to the students that are going to be potential MS1s there and convince them to go elsewhere so that there is greater waitlist movement :D

but in all honesty...i dont think its gonna help too much. prolly other ways to let them know you want to go there.

Originally posted by jlee9531

but in all honesty...i dont think its gonna help too much. prolly other ways to let them know you want to go there.

I mailed them a certified document filled out by a lawyer that they could have my first born child. Do you think that might have been too much?

Does any one know if they offer second look weekends to anyone who's been accepted or waitlisted at schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the weekends are for people who have already been accepted. That's my impression at least.

Originally posted by Lochmoor
I think the weekends are for people who have already been accepted. That's my impression at least.

This would be great! Can anyone else confirm this?

Originally posted by Megalofyia
This would be great! Can anyone else confirm this?

I don't know about all schools but last year I only went to two 2nd look w/es and everyone there had already been accepted.

Can anyone tell me if they know of a school that does offer second look weekends with out offering an acceptance?

I hate that it's Friday and I can' t call the school till Monday. :(

Hey Meglofyia, did you get a 2nd look offer from someone, but no accept yet? Where?

That seems quite odd. I hope you get an accept from that school, til then, sleep well.

I did. Wake Forest, and I do hope I get an acceptance from them!

Sleeping might be a little hard till Monday now. ;)

I did. Wake Forest, and I do hope I get an acceptance from them!

Sleeping might be a little hard till Monday now. ;)

hmm...thats pretty cool. i have never heard of that myself.

now i see why you asked that question in the beginning...maybe thats symbolically a good sign. i do hope you get in to wake. :)

Wow it's interesting that they sent out second-look weekend info before you get your acceptance.

My Guess: Your acceptance letter got lost in the mail.

I remember someone who said that he friend got into Vanderbilt, but didn't get a letter about it. Later on, he got mails about financial aid at Vandy and was very puzzled. He called the admission office and found out that he was actually accepted.

Bumping up to see if ANYONE knows if it's possible to get a second look weekend invitation and not be accepted.

let us know what happens when you call in on monday.

Bumping up to see if ANYONE knows if it's possible to get a second look weekend invitation and not be accepted.

Does this mean no one knows?

I know there are other people who are interested in knowing this information. Someone else posted this question in an other thread.

so i went around asking my friends that have been accepted to places present and past...and none of them said they met anyone at second look who had not been accepted.

so maybe like calbee said they might have a good decision for you. i hope this is the case.

Originally posted by jlee9531
so i went around asking my friends that have been accepted to places present and past...and none of them said they met anyone at second look who had not been accepted.

so maybe like calbee said they might have a good decision for you. i hope this is the case.

Thanks! You've been really good at being suportive :clap:

It sucks having to wait a whole weekend. Let me tell you how slow this weekend has been!!

Thanks! You've been really good at being suportive :clap:

It sucks having to wait a whole weekend. Let me tell you how slow this weekend has been!!

np...just wanna see you get into a school and support cool loungers. ;)