second looks in Feb?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marshmallows

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello.. have any of you did any second looks now or is it too late? i have a program that told me I could come in Feb but I don't know if it would make a difference or not at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

hello.. have any of you did any second looks now or is it too late? i have a program that told me I could come in Feb but I don't know if it would make a difference or not at this point?

From what I understand, second looks are solely for the purpose of YOUR benefit, not the program. If your undecided between a couple of places, than a second look in February would be fine...for you. So, in most cases...if not all, second looks are not set up to try and impress the programs, but solely for you to feel comfortable with the place.

I'm taking a second look this friday but I'm doing it to learn more about the program and decide between my top two choices. They know I'm interested in them and we've been communicating through e-mail and snail mail. I'm also a part of the group that thinks if you're taking a second look to show them how interested you are, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

One of my prelim medicine programs is having a second look dinner this Saturday night. They tell everyone at the end of the original interview that they are gonna have this dinner so I really puts the applicants in a strange situation. It kind of makes us feel as though we have to go or they'll think we aren't interested. Luckily for me, my family lives near by so I'll kill two birds. And also, I really do like this program so it's not like I'm doing this for a "bottom half" program.
So to answer the original poster, go for the second look if you're interested...Feb. is definitely not too late.