Second Qbank: Kaplan or USMLE-Rx?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fireboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Just wondering what the prevailing opinions are on this topic...

After completing USMLEWorld, what is the best Qbank to do next?

Kaplan or USMLERx?

OR... would it just be better to do USMLEWorld a second time because of its higher quality??

Thanks a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would do Kaplan.

I think you would learn more from seeing different questions than from seeing the same questions twice, provided you really learned UW the first time through.

never seen the new kaplan qs nor the usmlerx
but the usmlerx is by the FA writers and since FA is high yield info, i would personally do the URx ifi had the time to do another qbank

actually the FA team has a new book out called FA QandA i think and it is a qbook, might be another option instead of URx

I have both Rx and Kaplan. Rx is too easy and has lots of errors. IMO, kaplan is a better quality Qbank and has better explanations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a quick question too:

What would you guys do? I already have Kaplan QBank. Should I do it twice, or finish it and then USMLEworld. also, is the Kaplan IV Qbank any good?

i definitely learn better by doing things twice... otherwise i forget.

thx

I have a quick question too:

What would you guys do? I already have Kaplan QBank. Should I do it twice, or finish it and then USMLEworld. also, is the Kaplan IV Qbank any good?

i definitely learn better by doing things twice... otherwise i forget.

thx

I think I would do UW. I think you'll learn more doing new questions than questions you've seen before. For instance, if I had 2 old tests to study for an upcoming exam, I'd rather do both of them once than work one of them twice. I'm more likely to pick up on more information on the second old test than reworking the first. Kaplan is one old test, and UW is another.

I've heard IV isn't bad, but it isn't worth it. That's second-hand though.