second round applicant logistic question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiki111

Reaction score
hi!

so last year i submitted my app to one MD school before i got my mcat score (ik not very smart) but i didnt like me score so i withdrew. i am still going to be considered an second round applicant. my question is it's not "plagiarism" if i use the same activities and personal statement right? I mean I will adding more to both but it's not going to be drastically difference especially within less than a year.

Members don't see this ad.

i am still going to be considered an second round applicant.
Yes, once you've submitted a primary, it "counts" as an application cycle. Whether or not you withdraw has no bearing, so you will be considered a second round or re-applicant.
my question is it's not "plagiarism" if i use the same activities and personal statement right?
No, it's not.

You will only appear on AMCAS as a re-applicant to that one school (though some schools ask if you have applied before in the secondary).
Do not send the identical application to that school. It's not plagiarism, it's just a bad idea.
You could send it to others, because they won't be able to compare it to your first application.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You will only appear on AMCAS as a re-applicant to that one school (though some schools ask if you have applied before in the secondary).
Do not send the identical application to that school. It's not plagiarism, it's just a bad idea.
You could send it to others, because they won't be able to compare it to your first application.
thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I presume your activities will not be exactly same. A few activities should have more hours, or you may replace an activity.

I would prefer you look over your personal statement with a lot of other readers to make sure you don't have anything you can include that is new. If you used a throwaway strategy and don't care if you get an II from that school, the urgency to write a completely new PS may not be that high. I would still encourage you to revise it.