Secondaries arent completing themselves!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dynamite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I still have a lot of secondaries yet to be done. I was wondering about the timeline of things, especially in this year of the AMCAS debacle. Am I severely disadvantaged by not having all my secondaries done by now? I've finished 6, but I applied to 20 schools. Yes, I know. I've gone down the blaiming myself route already. I plan on finishing another 6 or so in the next week. Can anyone tell me where I stand? I'm scared cause many of you already interviewed, and some even got accepted. And the more scared I am, the less I want to finish. Which makes me even more scared. A vicous cycle. Anyway, any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all. :)

Members don't see this ad.

At this point, you need to disregard what other people are doing in terms of interviewing/getting accepted and finish the secondaries you intend to finish - SOON. I am done with my secondaries except for Northwestern (damn essays), and still waiting for Wake and UNC to screen me - but I have submitted all the rest. I still don't think its too late, especially for schools whose deadlines extend into the new year. This really is the year to procastinate, but you'll only get so much room.

As for other people getting accepted and being interviewed, I share your frustration. I took the Aug MCAT, so my app is delayed much like your will be. I've only interviewed at my state school so far, and they interview EVERYONE. I can only hope that the process gets going in the next few weeks...Rejections or interview invites - either way I just want to know - The wait is the worst part.
Good luck.

Dear fellow Berkeley student, I hear ya! I still have 14 or so secondaries to finish and have only completed about 8 of them. Fortunately, I have a some interviews from the few I did complete but I really need to get my act together and finish off the rest. I hate writing these damn essays. :mad: Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that I'm rooting for you and I hope it comforts you to know that someone else is in the same boat. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got 13 of my 25 done. They're coming along! Just keep on typing!

14 out of 18 done and in.

still waiting for Gtown, Hopkins, Duke, Stanford to send me secondaries. i know questions already but haven't done em.

dude, you not in any trouble at schools that aren't rolling. as long as you get interviewed BEFORE they start giving out acceptances, you are in the exact same boat.

you are, however, at a disadvantage at schools that are rolling, because they accept until they fill up their class and then it gets very competitive towards the end for the last few slots.

find out which schools on your list are rolling and do those before anything else.
-but then you have to wait a good few weeks before they process the damn applications and put you in the review pile. argh.

good luck dude.

You can request a secondary from Hopkins website, no need to wait for it :)

Unfortunately:

ohns Hopkins Secondary Application Form

NOTE: IT IS NO LONGER NECESSARY TO COMPLETE
OUR ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM BECAUSE WE ARE
NOW RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION INFORMATION
DIRECTLY FROM AMCAS. FROM THIS INFORMATION,
WE WILL MAIL YOU OUR SECONDARY APPLICATION
FORM, AS WELL AS A BROCHURE AND A FORM TO
APPLY TO OUR M.D./PH.D. PROGRAM.

I hear ya! I have 4 out of 12 done and only because those didn't really require additional essays. Guess I'm just so tired of writing about myself (I am a little sick of examining the past 22 years of my life). Anyhow, I figure I'll do the best I can at the rate that I can afford to do. After all, they want the best essay I can produce right?