Quantcast

Secondaries as a reapplicant

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kthon9

Reaction score
I am a reapplicant this year and am working on my secondaries. For my primary application, I wrote a completely new personal statement, meaningful activities, etc. For questions on the secondaries, though, I am wondering if it would be bad to reuse responses from my last cycle, since a lot of the questions and my responses to them haven't changed. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

ccantr10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a reapplicant this year and am working on my secondaries. For my primary application, I wrote a completely new personal statement, meaningful activities, etc. For questions on the secondaries, though, I am wondering if it would be bad to reuse responses from my last cycle, since a lot of the questions and my responses to them haven't changed. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
I'm updating mine at the very least.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
    Reaction score

Thanks!
    There is a time to re-use, renew and recycle. Secondaries call for renew, not re-use.

Reactions: 2 users

Corvid

5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    As a fellow re-applicant, I advise that you don't just copy and paste. There's always a way to refresh your secondary essay by doing things like adding new information, omitting something you no longer think is important, rephrasing portions to flow better, etc. This may just be from anecdotal evidence, but you'd be surprised how much your perspective changes in a year - this should reflect on your new secondaries. I've been reading my old secondaries and I've been able to easily make improvements and change them around for the better.

Reactions: 1 user
    This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.