Secondaries as a reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kthon9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a reapplicant this year and am working on my secondaries. For my primary application, I wrote a completely new personal statement, meaningful activities, etc. For questions on the secondaries, though, I am wondering if it would be bad to reuse responses from my last cycle, since a lot of the questions and my responses to them haven't changed. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a reapplicant this year and am working on my secondaries. For my primary application, I wrote a completely new personal statement, meaningful activities, etc. For questions on the secondaries, though, I am wondering if it would be bad to reuse responses from my last cycle, since a lot of the questions and my responses to them haven't changed. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
I'm updating mine at the very least.

Thanks!
There is a time to re-use, renew and recycle. Secondaries call for renew, not re-use.

Reactions: 2 users
As a fellow re-applicant, I advise that you don't just copy and paste. There's always a way to refresh your secondary essay by doing things like adding new information, omitting something you no longer think is important, rephrasing portions to flow better, etc. This may just be from anecdotal evidence, but you'd be surprised how much your perspective changes in a year - this should reflect on your new secondaries. I've been reading my old secondaries and I've been able to easily make improvements and change them around for the better.

Reactions: 1 user