Secondaries from these schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF1892

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For those of you who've received secondaries from these schools, what were the essay questions? (School starts soon, so I'd like to finish essays ahead of time).

-Pennsylvania State
-University of Pittsburgh
-Temple University
-Saint Louis
-Albany
-Boston U.
-Harvard
-Finch (Chicago Med)
-Loyola
-George Washington
-Georgetown

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

George Washington:

10. "If you are not attending school full-time during the entire 2001-2002 school year, please indicate activities, coursework, employment, or other occupations for that period to account for full-time involvement." (6 lines)

11. "Please account for all gaps in time (post-secondary to present) that may exist on your AMCAS application (including summers between academic years)." (5 lines)

12. "All careers in medicine involve both science and people. While we expect all physicians to be competent in both areas, please choose which one you think will be more important to you personally in your medical future." (4 lines)

13. "Many of you will receive multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly detail the considerations that will be important to you in deciding whether to accept an offer of a position to our program." (5 lines)

I included the number of lines you are provided because GW specifically tells you not to send additional sheets.

Georgetown:

Only one question. You are given one side of an 8 1/2 by 11 page.

"Why have you chosen to apply to Georgetown University School of Medicine, and how do you think you education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future?"

Good luck!!

University of Pittsburgh had two essay questions. The first is mandatory and the second is optional.

1. Describe a personal experience which resulted in a substantial moral or ethical dilemma. What was the outcome?

2. The recruitment of a diverse student body is a major goal of the Univ of Pittsburgh's Medical School Admissions Committee. Please tell us whether facets of your life and education to date would contribute to the achievement of this goal.

Temple just asked you to explain why you are interested in TUSM.

Penn State wants brief (no more than 5o words) statement on why you choose to apply there. Also allows you (again no more than 50 words) the chance to tell them information that was not included in your AMCAS application or supplement application.

Good Luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't recall having an essay question for BU.. more like SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Why Penn St.? and Tell us something about yourself (or something like that). Both had to be under 50 words. I think that was it.

Originally posted by ewells:
•Why Penn St.? and Tell us something about yourself (or something like that). Both had to be under 50 words. I think that was it.•

The second q. was to say anything else not mentioned in the AMCAS application (50 words, not to exceed the space provided)