Secondaries from UCLA, UCSD & UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey, i mailed ucsd sec aug 16th and it still is not marked recieved on their appl. status page. should i call them?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by VirtuoJ
I've noticed from the Official Schools Interviewing thread that only UCSD (out of all the UCs) has started giving out interview invities.

Do you guys think that UCSD will let me interview if I call them and ask, saying that I will be in the area on a particular date? I am flying home in October for one interview but I would like to schedule another in (just to save money). Has anyone tried this before with any of the UCs, particularly UCSD?

How does that work anyway? Do they say, "no, we weren't planning to interview you," or "yes, we were planning to in another month, but since you'll be here..."

-RA

Well, looks like UCSF started interviewing too... (see Interview thread)

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
this is obviously a thread of interest, even if CyclinE did post in it!

I e-mailed UCSF recently and they told me that they are still processing...so don't lose hope people! As long as you haven't received that think envelop you still have a shot (albeit a long shot)

the uc schools seem to take much longer to process everything - it is still only september - some schools aren't even starting their main screening until the beginning of october- no need to worry yet.

Checked UCSFs status page...

cha-ching :D

AMCAS Data 8/14/2002
University of California Application 8/16/2002
Secondary Application Requested 9/20/2002

I am sorta worried though. This means that they didn't care about my Aug MCAT scores. I hope the other UC's(particularly UCLA) don't screen me out without getting my Aug MCAT scores.
:eek:

cha-ching :D cha-ching :D

UCSD
Application Received: 08 / 13 / 2002
Approved for Secondary App: 09 / 05 / 2002

Damn it...still worried though. Since I'm a putz and thought the UCs wouldn't even give a damn until they got my Aug MCAT scores I haven't been checking their status pages. +pissed+

Moral of the story: Any Aug MCAT people out there check your status!!!! Don't be an idiot like me!

Ok...still worried about UCLA though.