secondaries help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is everyone writing when the prompt is tell us anything about yourself that would be helpful for the admissions committees to know?

Members don't see this ad.

is there anything in your application that wasn't touched upon already in your PS?

i wrote about my study abroad experience.

I'm writing about my armed robbery and aggrivated assault convictions. Lawyer f--ked me. --Trek

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm having trouble with this as well. for dartmouth i was thinking of saying why i really like their school/program but am afraid it would sound like i'm kissing a** even though it's the truth. what do you all think??

anyway, maybe i'll write about doing a premed program abroad or studying intensive spanish abroad and my desire to use my spanish in a clinical setting. i also was thinking of writing about how i want to do pediatrics or a pediatric specialty. it's just so hard to decide!

Yeah, lola, I agree, gotta avoid smooching any behinds...seeing that you're a non-traditional/been working in the real world for awhile (like myself) type of applicant, I'd say write something that gives them a better chance to get to know you as a more WHOLE person. I'm trying to avoid at all costs, listing the reasons why I'd make a good doctor, why medicine, blah blah, etc. It just gets so old so quick! Instead, I'm trying to just talk about the little quirky things about myself. Alot of people are going to bore these adcoms, and I'd rather have my app stick out by writing about something that isn't necessarily related to medicine, etc. I think talking about studying abroad would be a good topic!