SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

secondaries help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bruinkid, Jul 21, 2002.

1. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member 10+ Year Member

May 31, 2002
    Los Angeles, California
    what is everyone writing when the prompt is tell us anything about yourself that would be helpful for the admissions committees to know?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. vyc

vyc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 20, 2002
    Chicago
    is there anything in your application that wasn't touched upon already in your PS?

i wrote about my study abroad experience.

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2001
    The Big House
    I'm writing about my armed robbery and aggrivated assault convictions. Lawyer f--ked me. --Trek

5. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist 10+ Year Member

May 23, 2002
    "Picksburgh"
    I'm writing about my secret ticklish spot. Who can guess where it is. Tehehe!

6. lola

lola Bovine Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2002
    california
    i'm having trouble with this as well. for dartmouth i was thinking of saying why i really like their school/program but am afraid it would sound like i'm kissing a** even though it's the truth. what do you all think??

anyway, maybe i'll write about doing a premed program abroad or studying intensive spanish abroad and my desire to use my spanish in a clinical setting. i also was thinking of writing about how i want to do pediatrics or a pediatric specialty. it's just so hard to decide!

7. buglady

buglady We need more cowbell 10+ Year Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Evergreen State
    Yeah, lola, I agree, gotta avoid smooching any behinds...seeing that you're a non-traditional/been working in the real world for awhile (like myself) type of applicant, I'd say write something that gives them a better chance to get to know you as a more WHOLE person. I'm trying to avoid at all costs, listing the reasons why I'd make a good doctor, why medicine, blah blah, etc. It just gets so old so quick! Instead, I'm trying to just talk about the little quirky things about myself. Alot of people are going to bore these adcoms, and I'd rather have my app stick out by writing about something that isn't necessarily related to medicine, etc. I think talking about studying abroad would be a good topic!

8. Samoa

Samoa Physician Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Uh oh! What happens if we ALL talk about studying abroad?:eek:

9. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA