Secondaries: How "Late" is Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

Assembler

I got my AMCAS processed today, so I'm expecting the secondaries to roll in any day now. When should I get these done by? I have 41 to complete, and I'm aiming for mid-october (ie. at about the time they get my August MCAT score).

Also, I'm in the midst of rounding up my LOR's right now. I transferred from a small college to a large university a bit longer than a year ago, so I am wondering whether it is better to send out most of my LOR's from the smaller colleges (where the letter will be very heartfelt and personal), or sending some from big name people that only know me by my ID and letter grade. I'm thinking about just including one from the latter to kind of even it out. Anyone that was in my situation recommend some tips?

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that as long as you leave some breathing room b/w the time you submit it and the application deadline, you will be ok. Do them as soon as you can without compromising quality.

41? My wallet hurts at the very thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
41 schools!?!?! Ouch! You must loooove writing essays. ;)

Diana

sounds like suicide ;)

sounds like a californian

you are ahead of me. mine hasnt even been processed yet.

DianaLynne said:
41 schools!?!?! Ouch! You must loooove writing essays. ;)

Diana

Of course. It's one of my all-time favorite hobbies. Now, if only I were an English major...