7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
My question is, I'm leaving the country on July 30th, and I asked my professors to finish their letters or rec (okay, I was lazy about it) by the time I return (September 15th or so).

Should I send out secondaries (such as Cornell, which is the only invitation I've got so far) before I leave the country, or should I wait and send them out at the same time as I send out the recommendations?

Gradient Echo

Membership Revoked
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Might as well send out the secondaries now. Of course they wont really look at your file until they get your letters of rec, but at least by the time you get back you will know for sure whether all the schools received your secondary forms or not.
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads