Secondaries Sent to Spam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adriaran

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized that I cleared my spam folder this morning without looking at it (about 80 messages). Obviously secondaries are just starting to go out, but I noticed some comments in years past about secondaries ending up in their spam folder (I have Gmail, by the way). I can't tell if that is no longer an issue due to improvement in Gmail's auto-filtering or if I should be concerned that I might have deleted any secondary app notifications. I've gotten a small handful today so it's entirely possible to me that I got some over the weekend and then accidentally deleted.

Has anyone else with Gmail had any secondary notifications end up in the Spam folder so far or in more recent years? And if I did receive anything, is there any way for me to find out from the various schools I applied to? It may be too early to tell. And yes, I have now created a filter for anything with ".edu" on it but it's really bugging me that I may have already screwed up :sour::sour:

Members don't see this ad.

Too late now! It is possible but unlikely. Go to individual school threads and ask if people have gotten secondaries yet? If so, it might be worth it to ask them to resend it--it'll be a little awkward but if you don't have a secondary to fill out your chances of acceptance automatically become zero anyways!

I've only applied to 5 schools so far (and I've been verified for over a week - I know, I know...). Just checked spam and nothing in there. Many take longer than just a day or two to show up. I also checked the current threads and the schools I have applied to have not sent secondaries to anyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check individual portals if it'll help you feel better

Reactions: 1 users
When I was applying, none of my secondaries were sent to my Spam folder (and I didn't have the '.edu' filter on), if that makes you feel any better! If you have a medical school application portal for that school, that may also tell you if a secondary was sent too.

Great, thanks for the responses. Looking at the pages for each school I can see which ones have and haven't had other peeps get secondaries, so that gave me the info I needed. Gracias for helping the newbie :thumbup: