Secondaries-Stupid Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS already. Am I right by thinking that some schools allow you to immediately do their secondaries online and other schools mail them to you? If this is true then I guess we need to search each school's website for online secondaries and if they don't allow you to do that then sit back and wait for the others to come?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry... you'll always be contacted by email or mail if you've been given a secondary.

Wookey said:
Don't worry... you'll always be contacted by email or mail if you've been given a secondary.

I was able to do the secondary for UT Southwestern without getting mail or email. What's up with that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I never applied to TX schools. Texas always wants to be different, lol.

Wookey said:
I never applied to TX schools. Texas always wants to be different, lol.

So only Texas schools allow secondaries to be done without an email or mail?

Taco said:
So only Texas schools allow secondaries to be done without an email or mail?

(in Ben Stein's voice): anyone? anyone?

I'm pretty sure you can start to fill out Columbia's secondary on June 15th as long as you have an AAMC ID?

It varies school by school. Baylor, for example, allows you to access and submit its secondary before they email you.

I don't think TMDSAS schools will email you about secondaries (at least Southwestern doesn't). You're just expected to know to do them.

EDIT: Southwestern did actually email me after I was processed, but the email oddly didn't mention the secondary.

Some, like Johns Hopkins and UCLA, you just go to the website and do it. Check my list. :)

the dates on this thread confuse me...

but nevertheless, yes, most schools will send an e-mail about their secondaries... regardless of whether they screen or not... but Jackie's list comes in super handy because you can get a head start on the non-screeners (or even the screeners, if you look up the questions)... especially now since it's taking schools longer to even find and acknowledge your AMCAS... I'd definitely start knockin' out some essays!

:luck: :luck: