Secondaries this late in the game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newyorkgirl24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took a late MCAT on 9/27 and got a 506. My highest after a 501. Finished up most of my secondaries in late August and September, with a few that I did in early October.

I have touro Cali and western left.. is it worth even sending it this late?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I cant speak specifically for those schools however I will say that I would submit them because normally for DO this time frame wouldn't be late. However this is a COVID-19 cycle. You should be fine.

Took a late MCAT on 9/27 and got a 506. My highest after a 501. Finished up most of my secondaries in late August and September, with a few that I did in early October.

It is NOT too late!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied late this cycle too, I have been submitting my secondaries between September last week to now. I keep hearing that applying to DO schools before thanksgiving is not late at all. Hopefully this is true and I will see some luck this cycle.

Do not worry about being late in the cycle. Simply put, if you do not submit the app, you will get no response. You put the effort in and COVID-19 affected your scheduling for the MCAT so I am certain they will overlook it. Additionally, your score is a significant improvement especially considering you are applying to DO schools. Shoot your shot and make your essays shine. Destroy the competition my friend. HMU if you have any questions. I am starting at a DO school next year

So as long as we have all our secondaries in before Thanksgiving we are on time?

Hey just to give you some motivation, I completed my primary mid-late October, and secondaries from late October through now (currently working on 2). I already have 3 II, so definitely apply!

My only acceptance was from Touro Nevada- submitted secondary 11/05 last year with a lower MCAT than yours. You’re still in good shape!

You could even apply to additional schools at this point and still be fine.