Secondaries this late in the game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Newyorkgirl24

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took a late MCAT on 9/27 and got a 506. My highest after a 501. Finished up most of my secondaries in late August and September, with a few that I did in early October.

I have touro Cali and western left.. is it worth even sending it this late?
 
I cant speak specifically for those schools however I will say that I would submit them because normally for DO this time frame wouldn't be late. However this is a COVID-19 cycle. You should be fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied late this cycle too, I have been submitting my secondaries between September last week to now. I keep hearing that applying to DO schools before thanksgiving is not late at all. Hopefully this is true and I will see some luck this cycle.
 
Do not worry about being late in the cycle. Simply put, if you do not submit the app, you will get no response. You put the effort in and COVID-19 affected your scheduling for the MCAT so I am certain they will overlook it. Additionally, your score is a significant improvement especially considering you are applying to DO schools. Shoot your shot and make your essays shine. Destroy the competition my friend. HMU if you have any questions. I am starting at a DO school next year
 
Hey just to give you some motivation, I completed my primary mid-late October, and secondaries from late October through now (currently working on 2). I already have 3 II, so definitely apply!
 
Took a late MCAT on 9/27 and got a 506. My highest after a 501. Finished up most of my secondaries in late August and September, with a few that I did in early October.

I have touro Cali and western left.. is it worth even sending it this late?
You could even apply to additional schools at this point and still be fine.