Secondaries!! What the hell are they???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question regarding secondaries. For those who have received them or know what kind of questions they consist of could you let others know. I mean, I looked at the application you send to AADSAS and I thought it was really thorough. Do the secondaries consist of the same type of questions? If they do, I think it is frivilous to reask the same stuff over and over again. If someone could tell me what they actually ask that would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Desibai,
Here's the down low on secondaries. Some places have them, some places don't. Some places charge you to send in this second application. Like Harvard that charged me $25 four years ago to send a secondary, and then sent me a rejection letter a week later that was post-marked before my secondary was due. Huh? Never did get a refund.
My suggestion. Shotgun apply. Then fill out only the secondaries you are serious about. Some are free, those are usually state schools. Some are long and some are short. So write a few blanket essays that you can use over and over. Basically, if you are getting secondaries, you are doing well...so keep it up.
-DentalGuru :D