Secondaries--who's gottem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Concerning the Dartmouth secondary, are there any essay questions? What are they?

Members don't see this ad.

Dartmouth's essays are not that bad. THe first one asks you what you will be doing next year. If in school, list courses. If working, tell what your job entails. The second one asks if you to tell the admissions comm. something about yourself. Very open ended question.

BTW, I got Thomas Jefferson's today and JHU yesterday. I probably won't apply to Jefferson seeing that they need four letters and I can't find a fourth prof.

Hey can somebody post the link the URL link to the secure secondary application site for Michigan.

It seems as if I have misplaced the email they sent me.

Also just wanted to keep this thread going before it slips into the SDN abyss.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the mail, I recently received Wash U and Michigan State College of Human Medicine.

Over email, I've received notices from Wash U, U of Chicago, and U of Rochester.

Still waiting to hear from U of Mich, Wayne State, Northwestern, U of Pitt, Stanford, Johns Hop.

BTW...I am new to this board and loving it as a resource during this chaotic application year. Hope I can be of help as many of you are to me. Thanks! ;)

Got one from Saint Louis U. today. I sent them a paper copy of AMCAS on July 26 (the day after I certified and submitted my AMCAS app). I'd already completed the secondary as it's on-line.

i got usf, uva, gwu, tulane..and i am expecting vanderbilt and u miami...

SwimGirl got one from Stanford.

This week got Gtown, Med College of Ohio, and Boston U.

In total, I've received Tulane & Saint Louis U. (both by mail) and Keck-USC, Geo. Washington, Rochester , UVa & U. of Washington (all by e-mail). Still waiting on the promised link and/or hard copy of supplement from Keck & Geo. Washington.
Wonder why I haven't heard from Jefferson when several others have. I sent them one anyway as it's on-line.
I've signed up for but not received the Johns Hopkins secondary.
No word from: Albany, Boston, Case Western, MCP Hahnemann, Mayo, Mount Sinai, Oregon HSU, Tufts.

Okay, i submitted my AMCAS on 7/29 and I got a few secondaries already: University of Chicago
Duke - too many essays!
University of Connecticut
Tulane
Meharry - no essays

I got an e-mail from Keck Med School (USC) and they are sending in a secondary in 2 weeks. University of Miami asked me to send in a postcard? But I have to wait for them to review my file before I get a secondary. And VCU just said "wait." good luck to you all! now i have to get pictures taken. damn!
:eek:

Originally posted by mdhopeful:
•This week got Gtown, Med College of Ohio, and Boston U.•

What did Boston U. have to say? Is their secondary on-line yet? Do they screen?

SMW,

No, Boston does NOT screen. They send all applicants a letter saying that if you're still interested to send in $100, recs, and an optional photo. Hope that eases your concern.

I sumbitted my AMCAS 7/1 and was just processsed yesterday (8/14)!!!!!! As of now, I've received applications from the following schools:

Meharry
Boston
GW
Morehouse

can u please post the essay questions, or online links to boston, mehanny nad moore?

thnx so much

Members don't see this ad :)
Since SMW already mentioned that I got one from Stanford, I thought I'd fill in the rest. I have received: Stanford, Northwestern, UVa, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, and UPenn. Still waiting on others.

Today got the Ohio State email that their secondary is online.

I've got the following:
SLU
Pritzker
Iowa
Minnesota Duluth
MCW

I've received UVA, UMD, Yale, Dartmouth, GW, Gtown, MCW, Jeff. Medical, Albert Einstein, Baylor, EVMS, JHU, UPenn and Case Western today. Still waiting on UMich, UNC, Duke, MCV, Mich State, Stanford, Temple, UWisc, Mt Sinai and UCLA. Are these all schools that don't send it to everyone? Just wondering... I'm also wondering if there are any out-of-staters who have received UMich, UNC and UCLA! Can anyone help?

As far as UCLA goes, all of the UCs screen before sending secondaries. They all have a special application now to circumvent all the AAMCAS fun. It's on this site somewhere but it's probably fastest to go to the admissions web site for UCLA and click on the link for 2001 applicants.

Originally posted by UVA-Premed:
•I've received UVA, UMD, Yale, Dartmouth, GW, Gtown, MCW, Jeff. Medical, Albert Einstein, Baylor, EVMS, JHU, UPenn and Case Western today. Still waiting on UMich, UNC, Duke, MCV, Mich State, Stanford, Temple, UWisc, Mt Sinai and UCLA. Are these all schools that don't send it to everyone? Just wondering... I'm also wondering if there are any out-of-staters who have received UMich, UNC and UCLA! Can anyone help?•

I got the email with a secure URL link to Michigan's online secondary a couple of weeks ago. I'm also an out of state applicant. I think Michigan sends the email to everyone.

I'm applying to UNC out of state also, havent heard a word from them.

UVA-premed-did you "receive" EVMS's secondary in the mail or get it off their website?

I got Johns Hopkins and U. of Rochester today. I'd already completed Rochester's as it's on-line.

Got:

Tulane
Pitt
Pritzker
Georgetown
Boston U
Jefferson
Yale

Did online w/o invite:

Einstein
St. Louis

I have finally gotten GW, UF, and Dartmouth secondaries. I filled out Harvard's online last week. I can't believe I have secondaries. If only they had my primary!

Got U. of Pittsburgh's today. They thanked me for submitting a paper copy of AMCAS.

Got Boston U's request for money (sort of unbelievable that they ask for money but don't have a secondary!) yesterday.

Got an email from Univ. of Illinois at Chicago for their online secondary.

They want to know A LOT about your financial status and they even want you to provide official documents showing financial aid you received in college.

Plus, they want a separate listing of all ECs. It specifically states "please make sure this information is consistent with AMCAS" Now, this makes no sense to me. If they dont want anything that is not listed on AMCAS, why the HELL arent they just looking at the AMCAS app for this info? It contains EXACTLY the same info they want on their secondary.

Oh well, at least they seem to be making an attempt to put some people in their class that dont come from upper middle class or rich backgrounds.

Have:
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of Michigan
Michigan State (App fee only)
Rush
Northwestern
Loyola
CCOM

Waiting on:
Wayne State
Indiana
MSUCOM
Wisconsin

Mossjoh

i just got emails from UIC and Michigan (finally!) directing me to their online secondaries.

bumping this up. got USC secondary this week.

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Got an email from Univ. of Illinois at Chicago for their online secondary.

They want to know A LOT about your financial status and they even want you to provide official documents showing financial aid you received in college.

Plus, they want a separate listing of all ECs. It specifically states "please make sure this information is consistent with AMCAS" Now, this makes no sense to me. If they dont want anything that is not listed on AMCAS, why the HELL arent they just looking at the AMCAS app for this info? It contains EXACTLY the same info they want on their secondary.

Oh well, at least they seem to be making an attempt to put some people in their class that dont come from upper middle class or rich backgrounds.•

Since UIC assigns numerical scores to your activities and since you can have unlimited activities with the new AMCAS application, they need a way to be able to objectively evaluate all applicants - by limiting us all to ten activities, we are all on an equal ground. So pick your best ten!

got tufts and vermont today. essays for both schools are on other threads.

I submitted my AMCAS on June 26th, but because aamc lost my transcripts in the mailrrom it was not certified until August. I recived secondary applications from George Washington (paper), University of Virginia (online, print then mail in), Eastern Virginia Med. (online, print then mail in), Boston U (just want $), NYMC (want $ and online form with grades and rec. names). MCP-Hannemann and Virginia Commonwealth U. aka MCV, have begun to review amcas appliations and will be sending sup. out soon. Albany is still waiting for the AMCAS applications. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if someone has posted this already but University of Colorado e-mailed me an invitation to fill out their on-line secondary yesterday. I would post the URL but it requires you to enter a username and password that they assign. If you'd like the questions, I can post them or e-mail them to you.

Doesn't the University of Colorado have the highest out of state tuition for all medical schools? Something around 50K? Are they insane, or do people actually pay this? Why don't they just stick to in-state students?

I received Tufts and MCP Hahnemann today. Just waiting on Temple and Georgetown now.

You're right md2be06, it is ridiculously expensive. However, establishing residency in Colorado is supposed to be relatively easy.

morning light, can you please post the MCP Hahnemann questions?

Hi mdhopeful....

There are no essays per se, rather inquiries about volunteer activities, etc. HOWEVER, there is this one question that may be potentially tricky: "If you were to have second thoughts about becoming a physician, what two alternate careers would you find most rewarding?" Then there are two blanks, one for each career. No room for explanation.

If there's any further info you need, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Oh great - I wonder if you can just say N/A