Secondaries yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea the time frame where it becomes appropriate to call a school asking about a secondary? I know this year is crazy, and granted, I'm slightly on the impatient side ;) ...but am still waiting on Minnesota (minneapolis) and Michigan State. I'm an out of state applicant to both and turned in AMCAS at the end of August. (so I'm also a procrastinator!) Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN, gi! :) Great year for procrastinators!! :D Are you verified yet? If not, you should be sending off paper copies of your AMCAS app to schools accepting them, and getting started on secondaries that are on-line. For lists of these schools, go to <a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm" target="_blank">Drako's site.</a> And see the thread on Michigan State for some info about their on-line secondary. Now is not the time to continue with your procrastinating ways. ;)

Originally posted by SMW:
•Welcome to SDN, gi! :) Great year for procrastinators!! :D Are you verified yet? If not, you should be sending off paper copies of your AMCAS app to schools accepting them, and getting started on secondaries that are on-line. For lists of these schools, go to <a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm" target="_blank">Drako's site.</a> And see the thread on Michigan State for some info about their on-line secondary. Now is not the time to continue with your procrastinating ways. ;) •••

yep, I was verified 10/9 (I think) and those are the only two schools I'm waiting for...I've been trying to get Creighton and St. Louis done all night (the last of the secondaries I have) but instead keep checking this web site! ;) You're an Alaska resident? Are you applying to WWAMI? I have an interview there the 29th of January...I think that they interview all residents of a state at a time. Just wondering, I have friends here waiting to hear when UWSOM is interviewing AK reisdents. Thanks for the info and good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I'm an Alaskan WWAMI applicant. I haven't heard when my interview is, but I think someone mentioned that the Alaska interviews are done in January. Maybe that's when all the WWAMI interviews are done.

I think if you're verified, and don't have a secondary yet, you should definitely call if you can't just submit an on-line secondary.

I know for MT residents...they interview one batch in January and accept half the class (10) the following week....then, they interview the second bunch in Febuary and accept the rest of the class right away as well as send out rejections and wait-listed MT applicants. I only know of a couple other people with interviews there now though so I think they are held up a little bit. They are my first choice so I actually got on the ball with their secondary. ;) Let me know if you interview there, best of luck to you. :D

Just got the interview invite!! :) My interview is on 2/20.

Wow, you guys have a class of 20! Alaska's is only 10! Last year there were 72 "very well qualified applicants." Also my first choice (for financial reasons).

SMW,

Congratulations! How did the UW interview invite come (e-mail, post, phone)? I am still waiting to hear from any of the 10 schools to which I submitted secondaries and I took the April MCAT. I used to think I was a patient guy but this is killing me. Cheers!

IGNORE EVERYTHING ABOVE BUT THE CONGRATULATIONS

I just saw the other thread that your invite came by e-mail. Now I'll check my e-mail a hundred fifty times a day. Here's hoping that I see you on 2/20. Cheers!

SMW~ Congrats on the interview! That's great! Have you heard of the UW ethics website? It's pretty good...offers cases, protocols, and steps in what action is appropriate to take in a variety of circumstances. I've heard UW is a tough interview and that web site helped some friends of mine in this year's WWAMI class out during their interviews. I wish I had the site for you but I usually find it by just searching under "med ethics" on UW's web site. Best of luck to you. :D

Thanks, mpp and gi, for the kind words. :) mpp, hang in there, your day will come. And yeah, I've been checking my e-mail, mailbox and status-check sites so much, the hardware is gonna wear out!! ;) Gi, I'll be sure to check out that ethics site -- what a great tip! :D