secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grasshopper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any comments on when AMCAS is forwarding applications to med schools? Also, where have people gotten secondaries from? I've just gotten Yale as an online link.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I've gotten secondaries from NYU and Dartmouth so far....

However, as a clarification, NYU isn't part of AMCAS, and Dartmouth in their letter mentioned they have still not received AMCAS applications. They mentioned that they received the addresses and emails of everyone whose applying to their school, and sending applications out as we speak.... :D

Yeah, I got NYU and Columbia (also non-AMCAS) too. So you got Dartmouth in snail mail? I applied there, but my home address is in a rural area, so maybe tomorrow. You got it pretty recently?

While we're on the topic, are most secondaries pretty extensive, with many more questions, or are they just basic info, or . .? And any idea what percentage or what school specifically can be done online vs. typed on paper?

I got Darthmouth today....

and the gist of this application is to type all the "premed clases"

I think Columbia, NYU and Yale have more questions....

To answer your question, it really depends on the school....I finished all my texas secondaries and it ranged from one page to 4 pages....it really lvaries ....

I personally, think that 10% of schools have online application...and most of them it is a choice....For example, I think with Colubmia you had the option of doing online or the paper version...

but don't quote me on it...I didn't do a survey :D