kdapik

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hello,

First of all, I apologize if this is not the right place to post this question.

I have a secondary application question that I am stuck on and need your input on.

The question is basically asking about my medical career goals. I've heard conflicting advice about this. Some say it's a bad idea to be very specific and others say it's important to be focused and precise in your answer.

What do you think the right response should be? Any advice would be appriciated.

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hello,

First of all, I apologize if this is not the right place to post this question.

I have a secondary application question that I am stuck on and need your input on.

The question is basically asking about my medical career goals. I've heard conflicting advice about this. Some say it's a bad idea to be very specific and others say it's important to be focused and precise in your answer.

What do you think the right response should be? Any advice would be appriciated.
The right response is the truthful one. Trying to speculate what would be best answer to an adcom is folly at best. If your career goals is to be a famous cardiac surgeon or a top cancer research or to save the world , then discuss it.

Reactions: Goro

MCATISEZ

2+ Year Member
May 31, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I stayed general with these questions. Largely because I find it difficult to "pick" a specialty without having the background of medical school. But I did answer academic vs non academic vs private practice etc. and what I wanted to accomplish as a physician.

About the Ads