Secondary app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caduceusdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long do u guys think schools usually take to process the secondary application? I will be taking my MCAT sept 7th (The scores will be realeased 7th of October) , but since I finished my AMCAS application I already got a lot of secondaries from schools that don't screen. So would I be okay filling out my secondaries the week after I take my MCAT (sometime around septermber 8th to 12th) or should I work on sending the asap? Please feel free to alert me of specific schools that take a long time to process their secondaries.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of how long individual schools take to process them, I'd start sending in secondaries as soon as possible. Try to strike a balance between MCAT studying and filling out secondaries, because if you wait until mid-September, you're going to be quite late.

i agree, i would study really hard and fill out secondaries because they are not that hard to fill out most of the time. however be sure that u will be prepared for the MCATs!

It varies from school to school. I was complete in like a week an a half from when I sent in my secondary to both South Carolina and NYU, but AECOM has yet to acknowledge my application, and none of my other schools have said that they've received my LORs. I'm about to start calling them up.

But as the previous posters have said, just send them in ASAP.