Secondary Apps - Essay Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarkChild

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I think it would be a great help if the people who have received secondary applications from their schools post the essay questions to help those who are waiting to get their AMCAS transmitted or still waiting on the secondary application in the mail.
So if you've got a secondary application - please share with the board what the essay question(s) for that school is/are
:love:

PS: EDITED

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is way too much to ask for from the student body in general . There are far too many schools and far too many questions to type out. No, I am not a competitive backstabbing #@$#@. But perhaps the reason you haven't received ANY responses to this as yet is because the information is already out there.. . . . if you only look for it. Not to sound harsh, but nobody really has the time to spoon feed you. Every secondary that is out there has been discussed in one thread or another and all you have to do is go to that thread and ask them for a link. Check out the CWRU and Jefferson threads and see for yourself that others have posted the questions in there.

Also, a few of us having been giving our resources to Pocwana and others to update their websites that has the information at hand on which school is sending out secondaries and what they are. the links to each school's secondary is also posted in there. I think that can help you out the most.

SDN is a place where cooperative premeds get together and walk each other through the trials of getting into medical school. I doubt there are more than a handful of people who are out there go backstab others...atleast the regular SDN'ers are not like that, I can tell you that much. So please don't make the lack of correspondence/replies on your thread into something SDN kids don't stand for--i.e. ultra-competitive go-getters who are only it in for themselves.

spoon feed??
hardly.
if you notice I didnt ask about the 9 schools I am applying to - cuz honestly its not about that.
I know its a big ask, but wouldnt it be cool if there was a list of 50-100 schools with all their essay questions as a resource to everyone...
*shrug*
so tweetie you're a reapplicant huh? me too.
what happened? did you interview last year?
I applied to 4 MDPhDs:
interview at Upenn
got offered an MD interview at WashU (which I declined)
didnt hear a thing from either Harvard or JHU until I got my thin envelope.
so here I am...
that reminds me to pull up the MDPhD thread - cuz NO MATTER WHAT SCHOOLS SAY, IF YOU ARE REJECTED FROM THE MDPHD POOL, YOU DONT GO INTO THE MD POOL. :oops:
ask me how I know.
lol.
so this year - I'm going to apply just to MD programs and try to apply for a PHD once I'm already in.
btw - how many reapplicants are out there anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
Much of this info has already been posted.
Try doing a search and you should be able to find the info.
I can tell you that Dartmouth's, Yale's, Tulane's, Vanderbilt's, and Virginia's are all online cause those are the ones that are up that I applied to.

I personally don't like the way you posted this. You purposely worded it such that anyone who didn't want to post would look like a "ultracompetitve back-stabbing" pre-med. That's low... real low.

But regardless, Tweetie is right... all but one of the secondaries I have recieved are available online for all to see. This one other scondary is from Tufts... and I threw it away without even looking at it, because I decided not to apply there.

Those people who haven't recieved any seondaries yet should still have their work cut out for them... there are lots of essay questions to work on even if you haven't gotten the e-mail prompts form the medical schools.

hmmm... you guys are right - I'm going to edit the post.
:)

NOTE: This is a crappy list. Someone can edit and fix it and add - it was just my note to self i copy and pasted. I have others, and i'll eventually post them. add and format if you want.

CORNELL MED

In the space provided, please write a brief statement, giving your reasons for applying to Weill Medical College of Cornell University:

U MICHIGAIN

B. NON-ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES. List up to six of your most valued recent non-academic activities (such as research, clinical experiences, community service, employment). Include information about hours per week and duration of involvement for each.
Select one experience from your list in part B and describe in a brief essay how it impacted on your decision to go into medicine. Do not exceed 400 words

U CHICAGO-PRICKSKER

3A. Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.):

3B. If you have been involved in research, what did you learn that makes this type of experience worth recommending to others? (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.)

3C. Tell us about a difficult or challenging situation that you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills that you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (Limit 2400 characters, including spaces.)

3D. Most individuals live by a system of values and beliefs which serve as a guiding principle for daily living. What influences have been particularly important to you? Please describe both values and influences. (Limit 2400 characters, including spaces.)

Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. (Limit 1000 characters, including spaces.)

VANDERBILT

Write a brief autobiography. Give as complete and precise as possible, a picture of yourself, your family and
events you considered important in your background. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest
importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have
done or are doing since graduation. Please limit yourself to 2000 words or less.

2. In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and
scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or
experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broader missions. Please limit yourself to 500 words or less

3. What research or scholarly activity would you be interested in pursuing as a medical student? Please limit yourself to 500 words or less.

UVA

For the following 3 questions, please limit your response to 20 lines.You will need to hit the enter key at the end of each line.
Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine?
Briefly describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now.

What do you believe is the greatest challenge facing the American health care system today? In your opinion, what would be the best way to meet this challenge?

YALE

Please use this space to write an essay in which you discuss your interest in the Yale University School of Medicine. You may also use this section to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee any information not discussed elsewhere, if you feel the information is important to the Committee's understanding of your application. Please limit your response to 500 words

HOPKINS

Briefly describe your most rewarding experience or some achievement of which you are particularly proud: (900)

Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment: (1100)

Indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information which you feel would be helpful in evaluating you.
2000 character limit.

Originally posted by DarkChild
hmmm... you guys are right - I'm going to edit the post.
:)

Thanks for understanding that, Darkchild. I really appreciate that you see the fault and edited your first message.

Thank you. I have CWRU and Jefferson secondaries. IF you need any of their questions, PM me and I'll help ya.
Tweetie

PS: no i am not a reapplicant. I just decided on this quote because I needed something to motivate myself by stating that I would like one acceptance before Dec (when I go to India to get married). . which is a whole other story.

THANKS JOT!!!
:love:

CORNELL MED: In the space provided, please write a brief statement, giving your reasons for applying to Weill Medical College of Cornell University:

U MICHIGAN: B. NON-ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES. List up to six of your most valued recent non-academic activities (such as research, clinical experiences, community service, employment). Include information about hours per week and duration of involvement for each. Select one experience from your list in part B and describe in a brief essay how it impacted on your decision to go into medicine. Do not exceed 400 words

U CHICAGO-PRITZKER:3A. Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.):
3B. If you have been involved in research, what did you learn that makes this type of experience worth recommending to others? (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.)
3C. Tell us about a difficult or challenging situation that you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills that you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (Limit 2400 characters, including spaces.)
3D. Most individuals live by a system of values and beliefs which serve as a guiding principle for daily living. What influences have been particularly important to you? Please describe both values and influences. (Limit 2400 characters, including spaces.)
Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. (Limit 1000 characters, including spaces.)

VANDERBILT: Write a brief autobiography. Give as complete and precise as possible, a picture of yourself, your family and events you considered important in your background. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or are doing since graduation. Please limit yourself to 2000 words or less. 2. In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broader missions. Please limit yourself to 500 words or less 3. What research or scholarly activity would you be interested in pursuing as a medical student? Please limit yourself to 500 words or less.

UVA: For the following 3 questions, please limit your response to 20 lines.You will need to hit the enter key at the end of each line. Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? Briefly describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now. What do you believe is the greatest challenge facing the American health care system today? In your opinion, what would be the best way to meet this challenge?

YALE: Please use this space to write an essay in which you discuss your interest in the Yale University School of Medicine. You may also use this section to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee any information not discussed elsewhere, if you feel the information is important to the Committee's understanding of your application. Please limit your response to 500 words

HOPKINS: Briefly describe your most rewarding experience or some achievement of which you are particularly proud: (900) Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment: (1100) Indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information which you feel would be helpful in evaluating you.
2000 character limit.

EMORY ?If you have had any health-related experience (volunteer or employed) and/or research experience, please specify the amount and frequency of time involved and the nature of the experience.
2) Please specify your interest in Emory or convey to the Admissions Committee anything you felt was not covered elsewhere in your application.?

CASE ?Type or Copy and Paste a brief essay in your own words on some subject outside of medicine which has held your interest. Please limit your essay to 2 pages.?

CORNELL MED: In the space provided, please write a brief statement, giving your reasons for applying to Weill Medical College of Cornell University:

U MICHIGAN: B. NON-ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES. List up to six of your most valued recent non-academic activities (such as research, clinical experiences, community service, employment). Include information about hours per week and duration of involvement for each. Select one experience from your list in part B and describe in a brief essay how it impacted on your decision to go into medicine. Do not exceed 400 words

U CHICAGO-PRITZKER:3A. Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.):

VANDERBILT: Write a brief autobiography. Give as complete and precise as possible, a picture of yourself, your family and events you considered important in your background. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or are doing since graduation. Please limit yourself to 2000 words or less. 2. In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broader missions. Please limit yourself to 500 words or less 3. What research or scholarly activity would you be interested in pursuing as a medical student? Please limit yourself to 500 words or less.

UVA: For the following 3 questions, please limit your response to 20 lines.You will need to hit the enter key at the end of each line. Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? Briefly describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now. What do you believe is the greatest challenge facing the American health care system today? In your opinion, what would be the best way to meet this challenge?

YALE: Please use this space to write an essay in which you discuss your interest in the Yale University School of Medicine. You may also use this section to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee any information not discussed elsewhere, if you feel the information is important to the Committee's understanding of your application. Please limit your response to 500 words

HOPKINS: Briefly describe your most rewarding experience or some achievement of which you are particularly proud: (900) Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment: (1100) Indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information which you feel would be helpful in evaluating you.
2000 character limit. [/B][/QUOTE]

EMORY ?If you have had any health-related experience (volunteer or employed) and/or research experience, please specify the amount and frequency of time involved and the nature of the experience.
2) Please specify your interest in Emory or convey to the Admissions Committee anything you felt was not covered elsewhere in your application.?

CASE ?Type or Copy and Paste a brief essay in your own words on some subject outside of medicine which has held your interest. Please limit your essay to 2 pages.?

SLU On another sheet of paper, please type the following:
a)If you are not a full-time undergraduate student during the 2002-2003 academic year, please describe your current activities.
b)If you have not already written this on your AMCAS application, please describe briefly the reasons why you want to enter medical school. You may also make any other statement you wish to the Admissions Committee.

Dartmouth University

1) Please indicate what you are doing during the 2002-2003 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job.

2) Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

George Washington University

If you are not attending school full-time during the entire 2002-2003 school year, please indicate activities, coursework, employment, or other occupations for that time period to account for full time involvement.

Many of you will receive multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly describe the specific factors that would be important to you in deciding whether to accept an offer of admission to The George Washington University School of Medicine.

Jefferson Medical College

If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below. (unlimited characters)

Rush University

1. State one major problem you encountered during the past three to fice years and explain how you dealt with it.

2. Briefly describe the personal characteristics that make you effective in working with people and outline your skills, interest, aptitude and temperament in relation to your suitability for a career in medicine.

3. What do you feel is your greatest academic strength? Explain.

4. What do you feel is your greatest nonacademic strength? Explain

5. What do you feel is your greatest academic weakness? Explain.

6. What do you feel is your greatest nonacademic weakness? Explain.

7. Who do you feel will be most likely to provide you emotional support while in medical school? Identify your relationship with that person(s) and the reason for choosing the individual(s).

8. List your hobbies in order of importance to you

9. What other career possibilities did you consider and why did you reject them?

10. Briefly describe your experiences in working with people, the general responsibilities you had, and how long you held the position. If you have had limited experiences in working with people in the health field, be sure to list any life experience, both paid or voluntary, including high school, college or community service.

11. What percentage of school and personal expenditures over the past three years has been financed by?

12. What plans do you have following graduation from medical school?

12b. Do you have any plans to practice in a medically under-served area?

13. If you were forced to choose a medical specialty today, what area of medicine would you choose? Why?

Tulane University

although interests may change, at the present time, in what field of medicine are you most interested? (150 characters)

List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during your college years. (250 characters)

What was the single most meaningful volunteer experience you have had? (425 characters)

Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in the Tulane University School of Medicine. (425 characters each)

Members don't see this ad :)

2000 character limit.

a)If you are not a full-time undergraduate student during the 2002-2003 academic year, please describe your current activities.
b)If you have not already written this on your AMCAS application, please describe briefly the reasons why you want to enter medical school. You may also make any other statement you wish to the Admissions Committee.

Dartmouth University 1) Please indicate what you are doing during the 2002-2003 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job. 2) Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

George Washington University If you are not attending school full-time during the entire 2002-2003 school year, please indicate activities, coursework, employment, or other occupations for that time period to account for full time involvement. Many of you will receive multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly describe the specific factors that would be important to you in deciding whether to accept an offer of admission to The George Washington University School of Medicine.

Jefferson Medical College If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below. (unlimited characters)

Rush University 1. State one major problem you encountered during the past three to fice years and explain how you dealt with it. 2. Briefly describe the personal characteristics that make you effective in working with people and outline your skills, interest, aptitude and temperament in relation to your suitability for a career in medicine. 3. What do you feel is your greatest academic strength? Explain. 4. What do you feel is your greatest nonacademic strength? Explain 5. What do you feel is your greatest academic weakness? Explain. 6. What do you feel is your greatest nonacademic weakness? Explain. 7. Who do you feel will be most likely to provide you emotional support while in medical school? Identify your relationship with that person(s) and the reason for choosing the individual(s). 8. List your hobbies in order of importance to you 9. What other career possibilities did you consider and why did you reject them? 10. Briefly describe your experiences in working with people, the general responsibilities you had, and how long you held the position. If you have had limited experiences in working with people in the health field, be sure to list any life experience, both paid or voluntary, including high school, college or community service. 11. What percentage of school and personal expenditures over the past three years has been financed by? 12. What plans do you have following graduation from medical school?12b. Do you have any plans to practice in a medically under-served area?13. If you were forced to choose a medical specialty today, what area of medicine would you choose? Why?

Tulane University although interests may change, at the present time, in what field of medicine are you most interested? (150 characters) List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during your college years. (250 characters) What was the single most meaningful volunteer experience you have had? (425 characters) Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in the Tulane University School of Medicine. (425 characters each)

Adding WVa USOM

2000 character limit.

Dartmouth University 1) Please indicate what you are doing during the 2002-2003 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job. 2) Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

George Washington University If you are not attending school full-time during the entire 2002-2003 school year, please indicate activities, coursework, employment, or other occupations for that time period to account for full time involvement. Many of you will receive multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly describe the specific factors that would be important to you in deciding whether to accept an offer of admission to The George Washington University School of Medicine.

Jefferson Medical College If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below. (unlimited characters)

Rush University 1. State one major problem you encountered during the past three to fice years and explain how you dealt with it. 2. Briefly describe the personal characteristics that make you effective in working with people and outline your skills, interest, aptitude and temperament in relation to your suitability for a career in medicine. 3. What do you feel is your greatest academic strength? Explain. 4. What do you feel is your greatest nonacademic strength? Explain 5. What do you feel is your greatest academic weakness? Explain. 6. What do you feel is your greatest nonacademic weakness? Explain. 7. Who do you feel will be most likely to provide you emotional support while in medical school? Identify your relationship with that person(s) and the reason for choosing the individual(s). 8. List your hobbies in order of importance to you 9. What other career possibilities did you consider and why did you reject them? 10. Briefly describe your experiences in working with people, the general responsibilities you had, and how long you held the position. If you have had limited experiences in working with people in the health field, be sure to list any life experience, both paid or voluntary, including high school, college or community service. 11. What percentage of school and personal expenditures over the past three years has been financed by? 12. What plans do you have following graduation from medical school?12b. Do you have any plans to practice in a medically under-served area?13. If you were forced to choose a medical specialty today, what area of medicine would you choose? Why?

Tulane University although interests may change, at the present time, in what field of medicine are you most interested? (150 characters) List any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held during your college years. (250 characters) What was the single most meaningful volunteer experience you have had? (425 characters) Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in the Tulane University School of Medicine. (425 characters each)

WVaUSOM all essays 1/2 to 1 page typed.
1) Give an example of how you have demonstrated one of our core values. (they list them as love, respect, humility, service, creativity, faith, courage, integrity, and trust.)
2) Discuss how you have demonstrated service to other people and which of the service activities have meant the most to you as a person.
3) How have you gained insights into the field of medicine you plan to choose?
4) Give an example of how your communication skills were either beneficial or detrimental to a situation.

Just changing the BOLD to make it look purdy :D

CORNELL MED In the space provided, please write a brief statement, giving your reasons for applying to Weill Medical College of Cornell University:

U CHICAGO-PRITZKER: 3A. Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.):

2000 character limit.

EMORY If you have had any health-related experience (volunteer or employed) and/or research experience, please specify the amount and frequency of time involved and the nature of the experience.

1) Give an example of how you have demonstrated one of our core values. (they list them as love, respect, humility, service, creativity, faith, courage, integrity, and trust.)
2) Discuss how you have demonstrated service to other people and which of the service activities have meant the most to you as a person.
4) Give an example of how your communication skills were either beneficial or detrimental to a situation.

Ho ta! :eek: I'm glad I didn't apply to Rush - 12 essay questions?

EINSTEIN No essay

CORNELL MED In the space provided, please write a brief statement, giving your reasons for applying to Weill Medical College of Cornell University:

U CHICAGO-PRITZKER: 3A. Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone (Limit 1300 characters, including spaces.):

2000 character limit.

EMORY If you have had any health-related experience (volunteer or employed) and/or research experience, please specify the amount and frequency of time involved and the nature of the experience.

bump - keep the essays coming! :)

btw - i've noticed i'm on sdn a lot more when I have an essay to write.

Adding Temple

EINSTEIN No essay

2000 character limit.

Temple What is the nature of your special interest in TUSM?

nice to see this thread again, let's try to keep it bumped up.

No problem. They sent it as an attachement, so I couldn't post a link. It seems pretty easy. $55 app fee. Thank you for putting it and everything else up on your site.

EINSTEIN No essay

2000 character limit.

Pitt: Describe a personal experience which resulted in a substantial moral or ethical dilemma. What
was the outcome? We are reluctant to accept assertions that you have never encountered such a
situation. Please do not address cheating in an academic setting.
(Limit your response to 250 words or less.)

some school's essays are limited by space on a sheet of paper, it'll be hard for you guys to know how much space is available unless someone posts the dimensions of the space or the hard copy is available. then again maybe more schools have electronic versions this year.

Adding Columbia - not real secondary but....

EINSTEIN No essay

2000 character limit.

Pitt: Describe a personal experience which resulted in a substantial moral or ethical dilemma. What
was the outcome? We are reluctant to accept assertions that you have never encountered such a
situation. Please do not address cheating in an academic setting.
(Limit your response to 250 words or less.)

Columbia:
1) What satisfactions do you expect to receive from your activities as a physician?*
Enter your response in essay format. LIMIT WRITING TO 2484 CHARACTERS.
2) In what collegiate extracurricular activities did you engage?* Enter your response in list format using commas. LIMIT WRITING TO 759 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.
3) Please list collegiate honors,awards, and memberships in honorary societies* Enter your response in list format using commas. LIMIT WRITING TO 345 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.
4) About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year?* LIMIT WRITING TO 207 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.
5) What sort of work did you do (include summer employment)?* Enter your response in list format using commas. LIMIT WRITING TO 1104 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.
6) If your education has been interrupted for any reason, please indicate briefly the reasons, the duration of the interruption and how your time was spent. Enter your response in essay format. LIMIT WRITING TO 1311 CHARACTERS. Do not use return or enter.

bump - keep those secondary essays coming!

I'm starting a second page to our list, since SDN doesn't allow posts over 10000 characters. I'm posting OSU. Please if you have a secondary essay, post it. We are missing:

-Albany
-NWestern
-Creighton
- MCP Hahneman /Drexel
-Boston
-VCU
-Finch
& many others

Essays - Page II

1) Please describe your interest in attending The Ohio University College of Medicine and Public Health and the unique qualities that you would bring to the entering class. (600 words or less)

2) Please describe your motivation for a career in medicine and experiences
you have had that helped confirm this desire. (600 words or less)

Please if you have a secondary essay, post it. We are missing:

-Albany
-NWestern
-Creighton
- MCP Hahneman /Drexel
-Boston
-VCU
-Finch
& many others

Boston U has no question
Just send $ and a picture
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Some others we are missing

Georgetown -- does anyone know about this one? Do they screen?

Mt. Sinai -- do they screen?

Northwestern's!! Someone please put it up!

bump - Lets get some more secondaries here. We NEED some help!

Stole this from another thread, but here's UCSD.
this thread isnt getting a whole lot of love - I'll change the title to make it OFFICIAL - :D maybe then people will post up :love:
SEE PREVIOUS PAGES FOR OTHER SECONDARY APP ESSAYS

UCSD
1) AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
This should be a true autobiographical statement. Topics to be included are family, childhood, primary and secondary school years, early adult years, and future career goals in medicine. You should also discuss the motivational factors which led you to a career in medicine including any disadvantages or obstacles which might put your accomplishments into context. A repeat of your AMCAS statement will not be acceptable.
DO NOT EXCEED THE SPACE PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE (no more than two pages long).
Use a font size or pitch which is easily readable. Type your essay below:

ummm... nevermind - couldnt change the thread title. :oops:

bump

post those albany & northwestern essays

Hey guys,
Here it is :)

Northwestern

1) Develop a profile of a good physician. Chose descriptive attitudes and behaviors you think a physician should possess. How closely do you fit the profile ? (400 words)

2) What processes have you used to explore your commitment to a career in medicine ? describe in detail your evolution of thought and discovery experiences that led to your decision (400 words)

3) Discuss your interest in NUMS (300words)

Mount Sinai
1) Describe a way in which you've taken initiative or exhibited leadership
2) Optional: indicate the reason for you specific interest in Mount Sinai

btw, i'm applying to ~20 schools and have received secondaries for most of them, feel free to pm me if you want essay questions for any.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
PS: no i am not a reapplicant. I just decided on this quote because I needed something to motivate myself by stating that I would like one acceptance before Dec (when I go to India to get married). . which is a whole other story.

I know this is off topic, but possibly more interesting at this point, even if it's old news. You're getting married in India?

-RA