Secondary Examples: how to answer open-ended questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyJubilee8_18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking through some secondary prompts and I've almost started a few of them (such a procrastinator) but I'm finding it hard to answer such open ended questions. I really want to go to Baylor, but I'm a bit intimidated by there question,

"Is there anything else about you that we could find of any interest...ever"

How are you guys answering this question (or questions like it). If you don't mind, can someone pm me their answer to Baylor's secondary, or an answer to an open-ended question similar to this one. I'll be happy to read over it for mistakes if you'd like.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

LadyJubilee8_18 said:
I have been looking through some secondary prompts and I've almost started a few of them (such a procrastinator) but I'm finding it hard to answer such open ended questions. I really want to go to Baylor, but I'm a bit intimidated by there question,

"Is there anything else about you that we could find of any interest...ever"

How are you guys answering this question (or questions like it). If you don't mind, can someone pm me their answer to Baylor's secondary, or an answer to an open-ended question similar to this one. I'll be happy to read over it for mistakes if you'd like.

Thanks

bumping this up---i'm having the same issue :( class of 09ers, any tips on how you answered ?

Same problem, actually working on Baylor's right now as well. My interpretation is that the question is for anything you haven't really mentioned before. Like maybe hardships you had growing up, or being underrepresented, etc. Unfortunately I have nothing special. But, I still think I should put something in there, use up all the space possible to brag about myself. It just feels like I'd be repeating things I've already put on AMCAS. Anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you use the space to talk about your hobbies or something non-medically related. Imagine all the medical drivel they have to read over and over and over again. Talking about something like your collection of toothpaste caps and how you are an internationally known toothpaste cap connoiseur would be something interesting to read about and make your application stand out a bit.

hoberto said:
Why don't you use the space to talk about your hobbies or something non-medically related. Imagine all the medical drivel they have to read over and over and over again. Talking about something like your collection of toothpaste caps and how you are an internationally known toothpaste cap connoiseur would be something interesting to read about and make your application stand out a bit.
I hear it's good to talk about your life with other people so you can find something special to talk about. For example, most people don't find their lives special because it's just life to them. When they talk about things they have done with other people, others can point out special events. Maybe we should post things we have done and others can point out significant events. Any little bit helps.

LadyJubilee8_18 said:

hahaha
SPOON FEED ME SOME IDEAS!!!

;)

i always answer with more info on myself....what i like to do for fun, hobbies, etc and why i want to attend their school and what i can bring ot the class

I knew it....I should have talked about my comics....err...illustrated periodical collection.

RayhanS1282 said:
I knew it....I should have talked about my comics....err...illustrated periodical collection.
bump damnit! Come on '09ers give us some info!