secondary invites waves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoof11

Reaction score
maybe its just me and how the cycle is randomly working out, but does anyone else feels like secondaries come in waves? I got 5+ II in august, but absolutely nothing since. to me it seems like a lot of schools did their "first wave" of IIs and are now conducting those interviews, but aren't really sending out II. maybe they will start up again in october when they are done with this wave of interviews? obviously it isnt so clean up as that and people have been getting IIs all throughout september, but maybe as a more general trend?

Members don't see this ad.

When I read your post I initially thought you had received 5+ interviews in August because II means Interview Invites. But as I continued reading I realized you meant 5+ secondaries in August. Some schools do screen before they send secondaries. So that might be an issue. Also did you check your spam file? Sometimes important things get lost in spam. As a last idea, you could send an email or all schools and see if they have sent secondaries out. Were all of your primaries in by august or did you add some later?

Oh dude!! I got 4 interviews in august and only 1 in sept, and now a bunch of my schools are scheduling in like jan! So im like... damn maybe thats all the interviews ill have? (which im super happy about) but I didnt think it would stop so early? Weird

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When I read your post I initially thought you had received 5+ interviews in August because II means Interview Invites. But as I continued reading I realized you meant 5+ secondaries in August. Some schools do screen before they send secondaries. So that might be an issue. Also did you check your spam file? Sometimes important things get lost in spam. As a last idea, you could send an email or all schools and see if they have sent secondaries out. Were all of your primaries in by august or did you add some later?
I actually think they mean interviews as they said they sent their first wave and are conducting those now

maybe its just me and how the cycle is randomly working out, but does anyone else feels like secondaries come in waves? I got 5+ II in august, but absolutely nothing since. to me it seems like a lot of schools did their "first wave" of IIs and are now conducting those interviews, but aren't really sending out II. maybe they will start up again in october when they are done with this wave of interviews? obviously it isnt so clean up as that and people have been getting IIs all throughout september, but maybe as a more general trend?
The timing is meaningless, and secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naive, if not pathologically clueless.

Reactions: 1 users
No, they actually mean "Interview Invites," and that IIs come in waves. They mentioned secondaries coming in waves, but they meant to say IIs coming in waves.

Read While You Are Waiting: Processing Health Professions Applications - SDN ,

Secondary wave:
See Ya Hello GIF by The Voice

i did get 5+ II in august

sorry guys, i titled this originally secondary waves but i meant II waves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.