Secondary Overload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sacrament

somewhere east
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else suffering from this? I didn't get secondaries for quite awhile, then all of a suddenly a dozen of them showed up, with more showing up all the time. I've filled out seven of them in the past three days. It's driving my crazy. You can only write so many essays before you start... just writing. Blah blah blah. My proof-readers say the essays are great, but I can't shake the feeling that they lack something the first couple essays had. I'm just not excited about writing essays anymore! Especially after RACKING MY BRAIN trying to remember some significant ethical dilemma I've had in life, for UPitt, before settling for something that qualifies as maybe an ethical "issue" or "question" rather than an actual dilemma. And, of course, I just noticed that one essay I already sent out had a small spelling error in it, which sent me into a hysterical fit for about three hours. That's probably a fine excuse to toss a application in the ol' "circular file" since there are probably 5000 applications on the desk WITHOUT spelling errors. Forgive me, it's now 5 AM and I just spent the last seven hours trying to explain what makes me such a diverse and interesting person.
Please, feel free to use this thread to vent your own secondary frustrations.

Members don't see this ad.

i have one word for you: DUKE. the secondary is a beast for sure. Am I the only one who is complaining about the essays? evidently...

I would like to affirm that Duke is HORRID. I though U Chic was worst, but . . .by the way, if anybody else has trouble, the SSN has hyphens in it on the Duke app. It took me forever to stop getting an error. As of about a half hour ago, though, IT'S DONE! YAY! Incidentally, why don't they let you look at the whole thing together until AFTER you submit? How dumb!!

i have to agree, duke makes chicago look like CAKE in comparison. i got chicago's first and was wondering who in their right mind would fill out four more essays....and along comes duke :p but yeah, duke is the biggest pain in the butt secondary i'll ever need to fill out. thank goodness for schools like upenn and harvard :D might as well go there if i get in, after all the effort i've put into their app. i bet putting on millions of essays on their secondaries is another way of weeding out ppl who dont really want to go there...