Secondary Picture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IV Zulu VI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do secondary application pictures need to be formal/non formal or does it not really matter?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do secondary application pictures need to be formal/non formal or does it not really matter?

Thanks

Depends on your definition of formal/informal. The conventional wisdom is to present yourself professionally. It's not difficult to put on a shirt and tie/dress and have someone snap a passport pic.

Members don't see this ad :)
This will be one of the first impressions your interviewer may have of your appearance. The photo doesn't have to be taken professionally, but be dressed professionally or at least dress to impress.

Kind of think of it like a resume headshot for your application.

What if your have skin blemishes? How does that affect weather an adcom will invite you or not?

What if your have skin blemishes? How does that affect weather an adcom will invite you or not?

it probably won't affect the weather ... but there's not much you can do regarding your appearance in the eyes of an adcom (don't try to be someone you're not ... if you interview it will probably look poorly) ... just take a professional picture, submit, and move on.

I just put on a shirt and tie and had someone snap a head/shoulders against a white wall. Unfortunately, I just had a huge breakout of acne and the bad lighting really brings it out. :( I'm still hot though.

I just put on a shirt and tie and had someone snap a head/shoulders against a white wall. Unfortunately, I just had a huge breakout of acne and the bad lighting really brings it out. :( I'm still hot though.

lol i just put on a white polo shirt and was also against a wall. i also didn't shave. im saving the moment where I impress them with how attractive I am for the interview ;-)

I just had an abnormal acne breakout too - is there a need for photoshop? (I normally look clean and I am expected to look clean on interview day since my breakout will probably die off in 2 weeks)