Secondary question about gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starfall5000

Reaction score
A few of the schools I have applied for are asking what I will be doing during my gap year (I just graduated undergrad). I still haven't decided and my plans are tentative. Any ideas of how to go about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Choose the most likely plans and describe them. You may also indicate alternatives if the most likely doesn't work out. Depending on length, you may have room to provide reasons for your choices, but probably not.

Since your gap year has already started, try to firm up those plans...

Reactions: 2 users
Choose the most likely plans and describe them. You may also indicate alternatives if the most likely doesn't work out. Depending on length, you may have room to provide reasons for your choices, but probably not.

Since your gap year has already started, try to firm up those plans...
This^^^^. I've been taking it easy now, before starting med school, but I sure didn't dare treat myself to a 2 months and counting vacation on the eve of submitting my applications last year. It is what it is, but it isn't great, given how competitive admissions are.

Not having meaningful ECs lined up in advance of a gap year is a red flag. Try to fix it ASAP, preferably before submitting secondaries, so you aren't forced to highlight it with updates soon after submitting the secondaries. Or, even worse, not having substantive updates for months after submission.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Okay, thank you both! That's valid. I am currently working as a research assistant but have been debating between continuing that or becoming a med assistant. Appreciate the input!