Secondary Question Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babybop112

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys....i am having a great deal of trouble with one of the secondary questions for Texas A & M and was hoping you all could give me some direction....I have posted the question below.....

Could some please give me some direction by shedding some light on the question?

What are some of the key points that you would bring up if you had to answer this question?

"One of the essential qualities of the clinician is interest in humanity, for the
secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient." Discuss briefly
how you would fulfill this commitment as a physician. (500 words)

HELP ME PLEASE!!.......THANK YOU!!

Members don't see this ad.

babybop112 said:
"One of the essential qualities of the clinician is interest in humanity, for the
secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient." Discuss briefly
how you would fulfill this commitment as a physician. (500 words)

HELP ME PLEASE!!.......THANK YOU!!

Medicine is basically about two things. Being a scientist and a humanist. They already got a handle on the scientist part with your numbers and ECs. Now they want to know about the second part. They use a play on words to ask their question by using caring in the physical caretaker sense and then caring as in concern for somebody's wellbeing.

What do you bring to the table as an emotional human being as opposed to just a biobot? Have you shown this side with any ECs? This might be a good essay to discuss any volunteer opportunities that are more touchy-feely.

MoosePilot said:
Medicine is basically about two things. Being a scientist and a humanist. They already got a handle on the scientist part with your numbers and ECs. Now they want to know about the second part. They use a play on words to ask their question by using caring in the physical caretaker sense and then caring as in concern for somebody's wellbeing.

What do you bring to the table as an emotional human being as opposed to just a biobot? Have you shown this side with any ECs? This might be a good essay to discuss any volunteer opportunities that are more touchy-feely.

f'in exactly! i would bring up some of your ecs and how you have directly dealth with the huministic side of medicine already. prolly some of your volunteering that involved people. then if you have a comittment to something specific, like caring for the underserved or whatever, say that you will continue that. but i think you have to be able to back it up. good luck. and ask us again if you still need help.