Secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On a secondary I was filling out, there was a question phrased something like:

"Is there any additional information you would like the College to know about you?"

I'm thinking of answering it:

"I am extremely interested in School X and would love the opportunity to introduce myself in person."

It definitely pushes a line, though. Anyone have any thoughts? I don't really have anything original to put in there that I did not already put in my primary or earlier in the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

MoosePilot said:
On a secondary I was filling out, there was a question phrased something like:

"Is there any additional information you would like the College to know about you?"

I'm thinking of answering it:

"I am extremely interested in School X and would love the opportunity to introduce myself in person."

It definitely pushes a line, though. Anyone have any thoughts? I don't really have anything original to put in there that I did not already put in my primary or earlier in the secondary.

Go for it- may as well fill up the space!

If you base an entire essay on the premise, then yes, go for it. Adding just one line looks silly. You might as well have added it to a different essay on the secondary.

-X

MoosePilot said:

Members don't see this ad :)
jrdnbenjamin said:
Can you say anything about why you like the school, or is that addressed elsewhere in the secondary?

It's addressed elsewhere. It's a whole small essay to itself.

Moose, how about writing a paragraph about what you can offer to that school to diversify their class and improve the overall educational experience of the students there?

QofQuimica said:
Moose, how about writing a paragraph about what you can offer to that school to diversify their class and improve the overall educational experience of the students there?

:laugh:

Darnit, that was the other essay! :laugh:

Why do I want to be a DO.

Why do I want to go to their school.

What do I have to offer the class.

Is there anything else I'd like to share?

Plus what was on the primary.

TheProwler said:
hmm, I didn't think people were getting secondaries yet?

I think some people have been looking at the secondary prompt thread to get a head start in what to expect for the near future. Also, some schools like Hopkins, I've heard has their secondaries online.

MoosePilot said:
:laugh:

Darnit, that was the other essay! :laugh:

Why do I want to be a DO.

Why do I want to go to their school.

What do I have to offer the class.

Is there anything else I'd like to share?

Plus what was on the primary.

My former MCAT teacher often told us that most of his secondaries was just a tedious repeat of the AMCAS info.

gujuDoc said:
I think some people have been looking at the secondary prompt thread to get a head start in what to expect for the near future. Also, some schools like Hopkins, I've heard has their secondaries online.

Some schools have definitely put out secondaries already. Several of TX are available immediately, TCOM sent out invites already, OSU-COM sent out invites, and this weekend I'm going to look for the ones that sit there and passively wait to be filled out.