ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hi all, I'm Canadian and this is my first time applying to AMCAS, in Canada we don't have secondaries. So my question is, when the school gives you a secondary do you have to pay again? does every school have a different fee for a secondary? or is it included in the initial money you pay when you first send your application?

If you have to pay for the secondary how much?
side note: I was planning to apply to 50 schools.... (and 10 in canada) so I'm wondering if these secondaries are expensive

Thank you very much

OP
ocean11

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
which schools have free secondaries?

and which schools are the most expensive? (I'll take an educated guess... free... howard other state schools...... expensive.... mayo, harvard etc...)?:rolleyes:

About the Ads

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by ocean11

and which schools are the most expensive? (I'll take an educated guess... free... howard other state schools...... expensive.... mayo, harvard etc...)?:rolleyes:
hmmm, I don't think Howard is a state school, but I don't know how much their secondary is. I thought the Harvard one is free, but I also can't remember. Baylor is free. BU is $100...I think there was a thread on this a while back. You may want to search it out.

Wahoo07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by ocean11

Not really...it varies widely. Sometimes state schools have higher fees than private schools. :rolleyes:

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status
harvard isn't free, unless someone was playing a joke on me with a fake website...

IIRC it was $60.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Street Philosopher
harvard isn't free, unless someone was playing a joke on me with a fake website...

IIRC it was $60.
ok, maybe it's only free if you don't actually submit it.....

(hey, I did say I couldn't remember :) )

OP
ocean11

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
thanx all... were is the web site for MSAR? or anyother website with cost prices?

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements) does not have a website, as far as I know. It's a book available from AAMC (you can order it online)that lists the requirements, curriculum, etc. for all U.S. medschools. It's the Bible -- a must have!

About the Ads