secondary question....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Canadian and this is my first time applying to AMCAS, in Canada we don't have secondaries. So my question is, when the school gives you a secondary do you have to pay again? does every school have a different fee for a secondary? or is it included in the initial money you pay when you first send your application?

If you have to pay for the secondary how much?
side note: I was planning to apply to 50 schools.... (and 10 in canada) so I'm wondering if these secondaries are expensive

Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

yes
yes
no
varies
free -> $100+

which schools have free secondaries?

and which schools are the most expensive? (I'll take an educated guess... free... howard other state schools...... expensive.... mayo, harvard etc...)?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ocean11

and which schools are the most expensive? (I'll take an educated guess... free... howard other state schools...... expensive.... mayo, harvard etc...)?:rolleyes:

hmmm, I don't think Howard is a state school, but I don't know how much their secondary is. I thought the Harvard one is free, but I also can't remember. Baylor is free. BU is $100...I think there was a thread on this a while back. You may want to search it out.

Originally posted by ocean11

Not really...it varies widely. Sometimes state schools have higher fees than private schools. :rolleyes:

or you could check the MSAR, etc, as the info is there too

harvard isn't free, unless someone was playing a joke on me with a fake website...

IIRC it was $60.

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
harvard isn't free, unless someone was playing a joke on me with a fake website...

IIRC it was $60.

ok, maybe it's only free if you don't actually submit it.....

(hey, I did say I couldn't remember :) )

thanx all... were is the web site for MSAR? or anyother website with cost prices?

MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements) does not have a website, as far as I know. It's a book available from AAMC (you can order it online)that lists the requirements, curriculum, etc. for all U.S. medschools. It's the Bible -- a must have!