whatsupdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
What do you think about using my decision to change careers and become a doctor in reply to the "relate a difficult decision that you've had to make" question that appears on numerous applications. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Camden772

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
I think if you spin it right, it could be okay. However, you want to be careful. By saying it's a difficult decision, it can make you look like you were/are unsure of your decision. You certainly want to avoid that or at the very least go out of your way to make sure the committee knows you're %100 sure NOW! I would probably avoid it out of caution, and try to find something that would be similar to the difficult decisions that doctors must face. I think it's always best to answer every essay in terms of "why I'll be a great doctor," whenever possible.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads