secondary question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whatsupdoc, Sep 29, 2002.

1. whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc Member

What do you think about using my decision to change careers and become a doctor in reply to the "relate a difficult decision that you've had to make" question that appears on numerous applications. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member

I think if you spin it right, it could be okay. However, you want to be careful. By saying it's a difficult decision, it can make you look like you were/are unsure of your decision. You certainly want to avoid that or at the very least go out of your way to make sure the committee knows you're %100 sure NOW! I would probably avoid it out of caution, and try to find something that would be similar to the difficult decisions that doctors must face. I think it's always best to answer every essay in terms of "why I'll be a great doctor," whenever possible.

4. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Camden's right-- it all depends on how you spin it. Just be careful not to protray yourself as being unsure of your decision to enter the medical field. Good luck!