Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

secondary question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whatsupdoc, Sep 29, 2002.

1. whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

What do you think about using my decision to change careers and become a doctor in reply to the "relate a difficult decision that you've had to make" question that appears on numerous applications. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think if you spin it right, it could be okay. However, you want to be careful. By saying it's a difficult decision, it can make you look like you were/are unsure of your decision. You certainly want to avoid that or at the very least go out of your way to make sure the committee knows you're %100 sure NOW! I would probably avoid it out of caution, and try to find something that would be similar to the difficult decisions that doctors must face. I think it's always best to answer every essay in terms of "why I'll be a great doctor," whenever possible.

4. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Camden's right-- it all depends on how you spin it. Just be careful not to protray yourself as being unsure of your decision to enter the medical field. Good luck!