secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greg Maddux

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is everyone typing their secondaries? If so, how are you doing it? I dont know how to use a typewriter and the form isn't online, so I guess I'm stuck. I hope it dosent look too bad for it to be handwritten...and assistance would be appreciated
GM

Members don't see this ad.

I went to the library to use their typewriter for my first secondary. It was a big pain in the ass, so I just handwrote the other two. I got interview requests at all three.

Most adcoms expect the secondary to be typed up. Yes it is old-fashioned, but it is customary. If you are having problems finding a typewritter, go to your library (either college or public), they should have one you can use. Look at it this way, how much time and money have you spent on your AMCAS? Isn't it worth spending an extra 30 minutes to an hour typing the secondary, esp. if it means that the adcom won't dismiss your application right on the spot for not "conforming" to the norm.

I suggest the following: type your essay on a computer and make sure it will fit in the space when you print it out. Then cut and paste (actually do this with scissors and glue, not on the computer)your essay on the school's app, and photocopy. Works like a charm.