Secondary Quotation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drumming207

Sucka Foo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I included this quote in one of my secondaries.

?No physician, is so far as he is a physician, considers his own good in what he prescribes, but the good of his patient; for the true physician is also a ruler having the human body as a subject, and is not a mere moneymaker.? --Plato

What do you guys think? -- Good, bad, indifferent
Any feedback is appreciated...

:p Drumming

Members don't see this ad.

interesting but that stuff about the ruler...
I dont know.. sounds like a god-complex to me
:D

I wouldn't include the word "money" anywhere in my application.

I know your cause is noble, but you can find a better quote. Like "MEDSCHOOL BOOYAH".

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should have written it in the original greek.... ;)

Other than that it's great, so long as you made some reasonable connection to it in your 2ndary.

you said you already included it in your secondary? or are yout hinking about including it??

i'd say use it if it fits with what you're trying to convey. But i wouldn't use it if you already used a quote in other essays for that school. if you used it in your ps or on other questions-- it looks like you're too quote happy and are using it perhaps as a crutch or as a stimulus to write about something...
writing based off a quote: shows me lack of creativity
using a quote to fit in with your idea: is good support.

fine line.. but don't overuse quotes.

only uses quotes if it conveys a concept more eloquently than you can, or if it inspired you into thinking some way.

like if "MEDSCHOOL BOOYAH" replaces you saying "medical school is really cool and i want to be attending it", then go for it.

also, if you read that quote and thought "oh yeah, medschool IS dope" then go for it.

but if you just think "med school is cool" and "here is another way of saying the same thing, but this one is attached to some famous guy" then don't quote.

haha