Secondary Struggle (Continued)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you passed on Duke, you may not want to get the secondary from Vandy!
Ha ha, the Vandy bio is nearly same as the one I wrote for San Diego, so bring it on!! However, Vandy also has a compressed first year, so maybe they are doing me a favor. We'll see

Members don't see this ad.

I've found that reusing hasn't been as convenient as I had thought... Maybe it's just the schools that I applied to, but most of the time that I tried to reuse an essay, I edited it pretty extensively due to slight differences in prompt or character/word limit.
Plus, whatever I wrote previously almost always sounded like garbage when I returned to it.
Omg I've had the same issues! Also mad cringing revisiting my first essays :arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
Omg I've had the same issues! Also mad cringing revisiting my first essays :arghh:
Especially the ones with prompts that specifically asked about social justice/the underserved/*appreciating* diversity. I have to look back at those from between my fingers.

So far, nothing too horrifying has leapt back out at me. Gimme a few years, tho...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

The compromise between wanting to submit ASAP and your essays getting better the more you write them... it's tough.

Reactions: 1 users
The compromise between wanting to submit ASAP and your essays getting better the more you write them... it's tough.
Last app of 34 (two secondaries haven't come in yet) finished today. I tell myself the current ones sound fresh! As opposed to, you know, polished like the beginning of the cycle when I still believed in things.

There was also one memorable day with six apps submitted and I think I blacked out at some point. My proofers loved those essays tho.

With so many apps this is more about data points now. What do they like? What do they want? I'll let you know!

This thread gives me heart palpitations

I never thought I'd say this but I feel like a mega underachiever with my 16 schools...

Started secondaries yesterday... 23 schools applied to, submitted 6 so far today. Might be able to get one or two more but idk. This weekend I hope to finish the rest of them up. I have some of the longer ones left, like Georgetown, Miami, temple, etc.

Started secondaries yesterday... 23 schools applied to, submitted 6 so far today. Might be able to get one or two more but idk. This weekend I hope to finish the rest of them up. I have some of the longer ones left, like Georgetown, Miami, temple, etc.

For some reason, Miami's secondary felt like the worst to me. I lollygagged on that one and it took me about 6 weeks to submit it (lol, probably a bad idea).

For some reason, Miami's secondary felt like the worst to me. I lollygagged on that one and it took me about 6 weeks to submit it (lol, probably a bad idea).
Miami was my last. Added late, finished late. And jeez they wanted a lot of info.

This thread gives me heart palpitations

I never thought I'd say this but I feel like a mega underachiever with my 16 schools...
I know what you mean. I applied to 15 schools, and I feel like everyone on SDN applied to a ton more than I did. I have mad appreciation for all those people who filled out 20+ secondaries. I think I would've gone out of my mind.

I initially applied to 10 schools, then I added Hofstra a couple weeks ago so now I'm at 11. And I plan to stay there. :p

I know what you mean. I applied to 15 schools, and I feel like everyone on SDN applied to a ton more than I did. I have mad appreciation for all those people who filled out 20+ secondaries. I think I would've gone out of my mind.
It's kind of the devil's bargain you strike as a humanities major applying to medical school. How much do you REALLY. LIKE. writing, is the question.

It's kind of the devil's bargain you strike as a humanities major applying to medical school. How much do you REALLY. LIKE. writing, is the question.
As an engineering major, I don't think I could do that kind of writing. I haven't had to write a paper for a class for the last two years.

I clearly applied to too many schools

Y34126V.jpg
please tell me the majority of that is a bunch of high resolution headshots(for secondaries) and not all documents lol

just UCSD and i'm done (unless UCLA decides to send me one)

Completed 21/23, didn't apply to two because I realized I just didn't have a strong desire to go to either of those schools.

Completed 34/37, have 3 to work on and waiting on 1. And my brain is mush halpppp

*not to mention working 60 or more hours a week of night shift to pay for them all 0.o

I am working on my 27th secondary for Miami Miller. It's a BEAST, I am so over writing, especially when they ask you to input redundant information such as your volunteer/clinical activities in chronological order and describe shortly. CAN THEY F.......... look at my primary?????????????? +pissed+.....
anyways, the" struggle" must go on..........

The struggle is real!! I need my essays to be stellar but my writing is just. not. flowing.... :wacky:

Ugh, I'm on the home stretch. 13/23 submitted, but I've finished most of the original writing I need to do for the rest and now just need to tweak the zillion essays I already have for other schools and write juuuust one more new essay (greatest failure essay... why do you vex me so?). I don't understand why tweaking is taking such a toll on me - I've spent most of today just cutting down essays to fit shorter prompts but I feel like someone replaced my frontal lobes with cotton balls. I might be done for tonight... I'm not sure what the quality of my editing is gonna be if I keep it up much longer. But... I could get juuuust one more in.... :dead:

I want to know whoever decided to hire a monkey to code NYU's app site so I can mail him a box of fish heads. NO copy-pasting? :bang: