Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vantheman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am pre-writing my secondaries and I am looking for some advice. I am not sure which of the following is a better/more "unique" leadership position...

1. Selection committee member for a year long/full time stem cell research internship. I revised applications, interviewed applicants with other committee members, had significant say in which applicants deserved a seat, etc.

2. Tutoring. Many of my students asked for my advice and I would like to believe I mentored a few of them etc. However, this isn't the most unique thing in the world.

Both of these experiences were very valuable to me, but I am not sure which one is more of a "leadership role". I wish I had a goto leadership activity, but unfortunately I don't. What do you think? Any advice?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Im confused how that is leadership. You are in a position of power, yeah, but was that really leadership?
2. I've never really considered a tutor to be a leadership position. Being a tutoring supervisor would be leadership. You'd have to really spin the mentorship part

Reactions: 1 user