Secret Santa in the Pharmacy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sulilina1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

We're having a Secret Santa thing going on in our pharmacy, and I just so happened to draw my PHARMACY MANAGER! Ahhh! The problem is that I don't really know his personality really well. I've known him for a year but I just got transferred to his store about 2 months ago and started really working with him. I must also mention that he really helped me out a lot by transferring me to his store when I got shafted from my old store manager (due to lack of availability from school at that time).

So, I really need some suggestions! He's about 65, really straight-forward-takes-no-BS but very nice, understanding and helpful guy. If any of you pharmacists or pharm managers have any cool ideas/suggestions whether its related to pharmacy or not, please do tell! The max is $25.

Thanks in advanced!!

Crystal

Members don't see this ad.

A good fall back is always a gift card from a local resturant or something :)

a bookstore is also a safe bet....everyone loves B&N!

Members don't see this ad :)
get him a magnetic name badge from staples, customized.

If he is a sharp dresser, I would go with a Jerry Garcia Tie. You can get them on line anywhere. They are very loud but not gauche and he will get compliments all the time, I do. People notice these ties. He'll think of you every time he gets a compliment, he'll think of you... If not I personally would either go with the Gift Certificate or if your bold, call his wife when you know he's working and ask for an idea.....

These are excellent ideas! I'm so glad I asked.

...AND! He's a huge tie fan. I totally forgot! Thanks a ton!

Crystal

I think the tie idea is great and a pretty safe bet!

Hello!

We're having a Secret Santa thing going on in our pharmacy, and I just so happened to draw my PHARMACY MANAGER! Ahhh! The problem is that I don't really know his personality really well. I've known him for a year but I just got transferred to his store about 2 months ago and started really working with him. I must also mention that he really helped me out a lot by transferring me to his store when I got shafted from my old store manager (due to lack of availability from school at that time).

So, I really need some suggestions! He's about 65, really straight-forward-takes-no-BS but very nice, understanding and helpful guy. If any of you pharmacists or pharm managers have any cool ideas/suggestions whether its related to pharmacy or not, please do tell! The max is $25.

Thanks in advanced!!

Crystal

he's 65 and still working? I'm assuming he will retire soon. You don't know what he likes? Have you tried asking the long term employees there what he likes? Is he a golfer? Get him something he can enjoy in retirement. An expensive pillow? Back massager? Electric shaver?

he's 65 and still working? I'm assuming he will retire soon. You don't know what he likes? Have you tried asking the long term employees there what he likes? Is he a golfer? Get him something he can enjoy in retirement. An expensive pillow? Back massager? Electric shaver?
i thought u said back massage lol

Hmm....I would go for a gift card. From best buy or circuit city. guys are gadget freaks=so they might appreciate it.

So I found out he's a golfer and I went with the gadget idea and headed to Brookstone. I ended up getting him a $25 electronic score card. It's pretty neat. Hopefully he likes it.

Thanks for all the ideas!