Okay this naswer is from a practing dentist, in a state where if I choose, I can do oral sedation or "light inhalation" (i.e. nitrous) without any special permit/credentials. I am eligible to obtain my anesthesia permit for IV conscious sedation, but have not and in fact don't plan on it - I'll elaborate on that in a minute.
First off, from the perspective of many practicing dentists out there, 10 fillings, a chipped tooth repair, and a single implant placement is characterized as minor and/or simple procedures and could easily be done in 1 setting (albeit a long one) if the dentist is comfortable with it. Sometimes a case that large would be what we'd term a full mouth rehabilitation and the dentist for the simple purpose of having a "constant" with which to verify the final outcome of the work may choose to divide your mouth into 2 sides and do them over 2 days (i.e. if you work on the right side one day, your left "untouched" side can be used as a constant or guide to evaluate how your jaw closes with respect to the new restorations - remember your jaw is the only joint in your body where something on both the right and left side needs to work together)
Secondly, and it may sound a bit arrogant on my part, but with the exception of the very, very young and the special needs patients, I can comfortably treat all of my patients with the exception of MAJOR oral surgical procedures (i.e. the reduction/stabilization of a fractured jaw, sinus lifts, etc) without any form of sedation, and in fact don't sedate any of my patients. main reason safety. Even the simpliest of inhaled or oral sedatives increases the risk of medical complications to my patients and in my practice, 99% of the people don't need sedation and are very comfortabelt and satisfied with their treatment. I have come to realize in the years I've been doing this that if a normal adult comes in and requests sedation for "routine" procedures that the chances of them being a PITA (Pain In The A$$) patient is very high, and the likelihood of me wanting to treat them goes down dramatically. Also as a loose generalization from what I've seen in my area, Docs that advertise themselves as "sedation dentists" tend to overtreat their patients - where a patient comes back with a proposed treatment plan for a second opinion and they often have fillings scheduled for replacement not because inadequacies in their integrity, but simply because of their color. Additionally if you really want to be sedated for your treatment, find a dentist that uses a seperate dental anesthesiologist for a large case like yours. After all with all the work you need, you'll want your dentist giving 100% of their thought/attention to all your restorations and not also managing/worrying/monitoring your vitals also, thats where the dental anesthesiologist comes into play.
In general, I've found that the cost-benefit/stigma associated with sedation in my office isn't worth it for me. It tends to attract a "crazier" population that tends to be higher maintenance, and they also tend to be less accepting of proposed ideal treatment and more of the "patch and pull" mentality, and that just simply isn't the patient that I ideally wnat in my practice.
Just my 2 cents 😀