Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What sedating agents do you guys like to use for intubated patients in the ER?
I tend to use Propofol for neurologic patients (CVA, SAH, ICH, BHT) b/c I usually have a lot of pressure to burn and if neurosurg needs to get a neuro exam the sedation wears off quickly when infusion is held.
I tend to use Versed & Morphine for septic patients... but realize that the combo also tends to reduce BP significantly (but probably not as much as propofol).
I tend to use Propofol for neurologic patients (CVA, SAH, ICH, BHT) b/c I usually have a lot of pressure to burn and if neurosurg needs to get a neuro exam the sedation wears off quickly when infusion is held.
I tend to use Versed & Morphine for septic patients... but realize that the combo also tends to reduce BP significantly (but probably not as much as propofol).