Seeing patients while studying for the NBDE part 1 exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toothhornet88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I'm just curious to know if any of you are seeing patients throughout the week while trying to prepare for the NBDE part 1. It seems like our administration is really trying to push us to see patients, but it is almost impossible to get any studying done, because after the last patient (around 5pm) you are exhausted and the last thing you want to do is study. Maybe I'm just whining but I wanted your opinion. If you are seeing patients and studying, how do you make it work?

Thanks
 
At my school, they let us sit for the exam starting July 1, we saw patients for two full clinic days all of June and then they give us all of July off. Some of us researched on top of this though.