Seeking advice on post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yjl1296

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so I will be graduating in a few months with a social science degree. I recently decided that I want to be a doctor. I have taken 5 m/s courses:
Astronomy F
Algebra d,f
Biology b
Biology lab a
Physical geography b
I am currently in another bio class. My mcbp GPA is like a 2.2. My UG GPA is a 3.4. My first year I got 1.5,2.0. Ever since I have not gotten below a 3.7. I am going to take my med school pre reqs over the next year. Hopefully at a cc since post bacc with no aid is so expensive. I live in a state where there is only one medical school. I will still apply elsewhere. Should I look into formal post bacc programs? I am looking into LSU New Orleans as another option.
 
Do either a DIY post-bac, and/or an SMP.


Hey, so I will be graduating in a few months with a social science degree. I recently decided that I want to be a doctor. I have taken 5 m/s courses:
Astronomy F
Algebra d,f
Biology b
Biology lab a
Physical geography b
I am currently in another bio class. My mcbp GPA is like a 2.2. My UG GPA is a 3.4. My first year I got 1.5,2.0. Ever since I have not gotten below a 3.7. I am going to take my med school pre reqs over the next year. Hopefully at a cc since post bacc with no aid is so expensive. I live in a state where there is only one medical school. I will still apply elsewhere. Should I look into formal post bacc programs? I am looking into LSU New Orleans as another option.