Seeking Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymousclam1987

Reaction score
Hey, I am seeking advice on whether I should email NBOME. I took my Level 2 PE in early March when the pandemic initially began. The night before my PE, my mom who is a RT in New York did an ABG on a patient who ended up being the first confirmed COVID case in NYC and as a result was quarantined for 14 days. I believe this may have affected my performance on the PE as I ended up seeming very tentative due to the unknown nature of COVID at the time in my encounters with patients and may have come off as un-humanistic. I ended up failing the PE humanistic portion. I was wondering whether I should reach out to the NBOME explaining this situation or whether I should just let it go. I have my test rescheduled for and will obviously be studying extremely hard to pass it this time around.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey - I'm really sorry to hear that. As far as I know, the only recourse you have after failing the PE is to request a score verification for $50. I haven't heard of it working out for anyone so far.

Reactions: 1 user