Seeking financial advisor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skipper28

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm starting vet school this fall and am looking to start a relationship with a financial advisor/fiduciary. I am a non-traditional student in that I'm 28 and have a modest amount of money saved up from working as a tech (emphasis on "modest"). I am looking to talk with a financial advisor who can help me understand strategies for investing my savings now to try to help with debt repayment down the line. I've been researching financial advisors, such as these guys who specifically work with veterinarians, but based on their websites and fee structures, it seems like they are not appropriate for my current needs. I've also looked into robo-investors such as Betterment and Wealthfront, but I'd really like to talk to a person. So I'm looking for someone who can help me set up an investment strategy and answer some questions I have, and then maybe check in once a year for a reasonable fee. Does such a thing exist? Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that our AVMA LIFE student rep at uiuc would regularly email out about a financial advisor who works for AVMA LIFE when he’d be in town. He did free financial advising sessions and I know he also did some finance talks with VBMA. I don’t know if him specifically goes to schools across the country or if there are different people that go to different regions. I’d definitely get in contact with your AVMA LIFE student rep at school once you start and see if someone comes to your school as well.