Seeking Nontraditional Students 35+ to Network With

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,
I had take the MCAT before but I will need to retake the MCAT in 2021 also.
I have had Every level of discouragement!
I am a career changer and I am quite older than most applicants. I would like to try again because I would love to do something that I could retire happily in.
It’s not about money For me, it’s more about living a dream. I am looking for support also even if there are pre med organizations that anyone knows about for the Chicago area Please let me know!! I feel bad at times but I plan to keep studying and take the MCAT and apply.

I sent you a DM. I don’t know of any organizations, but I am also in the Chicago area.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There's a nontrad named Lorien Menhennett who I believe did her postbac work in the Chicago area. Lorien Menhennett (@docwithpen) on Twitter She doesn't know me--I know of her from a now-defunct forum called oldpremeds.

Edit: this twitter is old, but with a name that distinctive, she should be fairly easy to track down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent you a DM. I don’t know of any organizations, but I am also in the Chicago area.
I am in an organization and I have been in several. I’ve Always been the oldest in each one. This time I want to seek out additional resources that will give extra encouragement for someone near my age and on my path.
I know that our situations are different but the struggle is more understandable.

Are you in any organizations?
We may have crossed paths...they are helpful and I wish that I would have known about them when I was younger and perhaps I would have avoided the mistakes I’ve made.
However, I have to stay optimistic and keep moving until I see light;)