seeking observation hours at a school setting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oresihat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I am currently in the midst of applying to DPT schools and is looking to diversify my pt hour experience. I currently have about 100 hrs total (60 hrs outpatient; 40 hours inpatient). I currently still am searching out more places to observe and something that I read from PTCAS caught my eye: apparently some schools do offer physical therapy as a service for students that have physical disabilities.

I am interested in getting my feet wet in a school setting which offers Physical Therapy, yet I seem to have trouble looking for those settings since I am not quite sure what to look for or type on Google and things I have typed did not show the results I was looking for. Is there any medical company that provides PT to schools or public schools at any level (HS, grade school, etc.) that offer physical therapy, specifically in the Massachusetts area? I am open to all the responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

So I am currently in the midst of applying to DPT schools and is looking to diversify my pt hour experience. I currently have about 100 hrs total (60 hrs outpatient; 40 hours inpatient). I currently still am searching out more places to observe and something that I read from PTCAS caught my eye: apparently some schools do offer physical therapy as a service for students that have physical disabilities.

I am interested in getting my feet wet in a school setting which offers Physical Therapy, yet I seem to have trouble looking for those settings since I am not quite sure what to look for or type on Google and things I have typed did not show the results I was looking for. Is there any medical company that provides PT to schools or public schools at any level (HS, grade school, etc.) that offer physical therapy, specifically in the Massachusetts area? I am open to all the responses.

I am interested in occupational therapy, but I believe both disciplines have similar hiring. School districts hire both OTs and PTs to work in their districts. I called a local school district and asked them to speak to the OT for the schools. I would suggest doing something similar!