Seeking Research Participants- former students with physical disabilities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilliamPHD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
In partial fulfillment of the requirements for my degree in higher education at the College of William and Mary, I am conducting a study entitled, Medical Student with Physical Disabilities. This study is primarily designed to help understand the experiences of former medical student with physical disabilities. I want to explore both the challenges and successes that individuals with physical disabilities experience in medical school.

At this point in the study, I'm seeking individuals, with physical disabilities, who either finished or did not finish medical school. This is, I'm not looking for current students.

I hope that this research will help the medical education community understand the unique experiences of individuals with physical disabilities. If you agree to participate, I will interview you about your experiences. I would like to conduct three interviews, with each interview approximately one hour each. The first interview will be about your path to medical school, the second about your experiences in medical school, and the final conversation will explore your life after school. Each interview will be audio recorded with your consent.

I feel this research has the potential to affect positive change within the medical community. I hope that you will consider participating in this study. Former medical students with physical disabilities are such a small community and I would be grateful for your assistance.

I am conducting this research as part of my dissertation, under the supervision of my dissertation chair, Dr. Pamela Eddy. Please know that your name and other personally identifiable information will be known only to me, the primary researcher. All personally identifiable information will be kept strictly confidential. Pseudonyms will be used in the final manuscript and in any subsequent publications or presentation. The audio recordings will be locked in my office and will be erased when the study is finished.

If you are interested in participating in this study or have any questions, please send me an email at [email protected] or call me at 215-534-0368.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Donlan

Doctoral Candidate

College of William and Mary

THIS PROJECT WAS FOUND TO COMPLY WITH APPROPRIATE ETHICAL STANDARDS AND WAS EXEMPTED FROM THE NEED FOR FORMAL REVIEW BY THE COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY PROTECTION OF HUMAN SUBJECTS COMMITTEE (Phone757-221-3966) ON 2015-12-01 AND EXPIRES ON 2016-12-01.

Members don't see this ad.