Seeking serious advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Randomwerks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a pretty low GPA (3.105) and I just recently decided Id like to go to pharmacy school. I graduated in May and im working full time in a genetics lab. I havent taken the PCATs or GREs and Im not planning on applying to pharmacy programs until next year. I feel like ill never overcome the slump in my GPA. Since I have about a year, I want to know what you guys suggest to make myself a competitive candidate and compensate well for my bad GPA. I just feel like its hopeless! Help! thanks. 😕 :scared:
 
I have a pretty low GPA (3.105) and I just recently decided Id like to go to pharmacy school. I graduated in May and im working full time in a genetics lab. I havent taken the PCATs or GREs and Im not planning on applying to pharmacy programs until next year. I feel like ill never overcome the slump in my GPA. Since I have about a year, I want to know what you guys suggest to make myself a competitive candidate and compensate well for my bad GPA. I just feel like its hopeless! Help! thanks. 😕 :scared:

If I were you, I would focus on volunteering, pharm experiences, and preparing for PCAT. I've seen many people with high PCAT and low GPA and they've got in pharm schools. Good Luck:luck:
 
Well its nice you're working in a genetics lab, it'll give you real life experience and certain pharmacy schools love research (ie. UCSF). I would definately recommend working or volunteering at a pharmacy though.
 
I'm also planning on volunteering at a pharmacy on weekends and Im going to take organic chem again to better my grade. Does it make a difference if I take it at a junior college or 4 year?