Seems I have plateaued

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blebl34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After finishing a practice test today, it seems as though i can't get any higher in physics and bio (verbal is another story, sigh). I'm averaging missing 11-15 questions in the sciences.

When I go back over my tests, its usually trick questions with my usual reponse being "duh, i knew that." I'm not missing questions because I don't know the info, its either reading comprehension or stupid tricks.

I just don't see how I'm going to improve any over the next few weeks seeing as how I feel like in know the information.

Any advice or words of encouragement?

Members don't see this ad.

Thats normal, I plateuaed around the same range as you. I think you hit the mark though, once you a certain level, its really hard to improve because of careless mistakes/trick questions/etc. I was able to get out of the plateau but only by a couple of points (2-3) so its possible, but it requires a lot of work. You might want to check out Kaplan MCAT 45, I used it and I thought it helped a little. Not really worth the money/time but if you have plenty of both give it a try =P

Well, the learning curve is definitely not a straight line :)

Keep your studying up. A plateau can be a stage just before a big jump and at the least you won't regress.

Good luck!

MoosePilot said:
Well, the learning curve is definitely not a straight line :)

Keep your studying up. A plateau can be a stage just before a big jump and at the least you won't regress.

Good luck!

:thumbup: agreed
offtopic:moose u changed ur av...i funtion on a basic visual level = my comprehension "..newbie of wisdom! ":laugh:
nice av..distubing....but nice

Members don't see this ad :)
DieselPetrolGrl said:
:thumbup: agreed
offtopic:moose u changed ur av...i funtion on a basic visual level = my comprehension "..newbie of wisdom! ":laugh:
nice av..distubing....but nice

I didn't even realize anybody would notice :)

Thanks for the wisdom comment. The OP is in a fine place, thus not hard to give decent advice.