Selecting dental schools to receive DAT score question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shermanmurman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello you guys.... I tried to search the forum to see if anyone has posted this, I haven's seen this issue..... so please don't bite my head off if this is a repeat.
I want to register for the DAT, but when I do, they ask me to select schools I want to send the information to. I know five is free, and any additional is 25 bucks. Does anyone know if I just select the free five schools and wait to see my score then select more schools, if that will delay the process. What have you guys done? Any advice? Should I register now if I am taking it in July??? Thanks:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they will allow you to send it to other schools. It of course will cost you, and they usually send it out quickly.

Hello you guys.... I tried to search the forum to see if anyone has posted this, I haven's seen this issue..... so please don't bite my head off if this is a repeat.
I want to register for the DAT, but when I do, they ask me to select schools I want to send the information to. I know five is free, and any additional is 25 bucks. Does anyone know if I just select the free five schools and wait to see my score then select more schools, if that will delay the process. What have you guys done? Any advice? Should I register now if I am taking it in July??? Thanks:thumbup:

Its no big deal to select more schools later. It takes about 2 weeks for them to send scores out to additional schools when you select to do so. Select your five free schools and then wait to know how you did to send out the rest.

As for registering for the test in July, its early, but not a bad idea if you know exactly when and where you want to take it. When I took the DAT I waited until less than a month before my preferred date to register and I found all the slots for the next four weeks had already been reserved at my location so I had to drive 3.5 hours to take the test in another city on the day I wanted. Registering 2 months in advance is probably plenty of time. 4.5 months ahead of time, you're way ahead of the game, but better safe than sorry.