• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Kami

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2003
Visit site
Status
How many of you agree that usually the right answer is the one that you select the first time and making changes after you select the first time is probably going to be going be wrong.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Kami said:
How many of you agree that usually the right answer is the one that you select the first time and making changes after you select the first time is probably going to be going be wrong.
thats usually been the case with me. A big problem of mine has been overanalysing the question.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2003
The best coast (west coast)
Status
Kami said:
Many psychologists have studied this and found it to be true. The first "guess" is usually the correct one.

About the Ads

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
One thing that helped me a great deal when I took the MCAT was when I stopped thinking too much. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but trust me. When I first started taking practice tests, I did horrible. I found that I was thinking way too much into the question, and the answers were much simpler than I thought. I changed the way I took the test. I tried to input as little of my own information as I could, and instead used the passage more. My scored improved dramatically.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Kami said:
I know that it is true for most people, but not always with me. I kept track of my answers on all the practice exams I took and more often than not it was good that I changed the answers I did.

I also had times when I found myself overanalyzing- when I would be reading the problem over and over and getting hung up on minute details. When you find yourself doing this you need to make your best guess, move on, and come back later. Almost every time when I came back at the end and reread it I find something that I missed or I was reading into too deep.

About the Ads